Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dry Yer Eyes Mate...

I need someone to come and dry mine tonight.

Gutted.

Re: Dry Yer Eyes Mate...

Console yourself with the thought of having 4 derby matches with the mighty East Fife next season!

thats an easy 12 points in the bag for the black and gold next season.

There, there Jojo. I've got this image in my head that you are sitting in a darkened room listening to some soulful Bros record, staring forlornly at your sunbleached and tattered Bayern 0 poster, thinking of the good old days when Jock McStay got Drunkin Duncan the jail!

Look at the bright side, it frees you up to go and watch your local favourites play in Glasgow on Wednesday. Then think of the excitement of seeing the current Fife Cup Champions playing at Methil on Saturday. I'll even buy you a drink before hand!

Now where's your wee pal RR1? Tears and pish on his lino the night!

Are you not even the slightest bit pleased that we have saved you from two trips to Stranraer next year?

"Tears and pish on his lino the night!"

Bucket.

Check this Lino Licker saying "hello again" to Div1 a few days ago

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56839

Pie.

Lying in ma bedroom watching the snook snooks, with the Rovers Scarf (of hopes and dreams... well over 7 foot long!) thrown on the floor.

The only pic on the wall I have is of me and ma bro and an East Fife fan (you know who you are!) waving a flag at Trafalgar Square 1996. Magic!

I was thinking of going through to Hampdenon Wed, but didn't want to annoy my F*fe pals in their car if youse get beat, so might not go.

I'll defo go to New Bayview on Sat. I love ma lower league football. Me and Levenmouth Rover will be in the away end, any pies flung at us will be much appreciated.

ps We were well beaten over the two legs.
pps Not so gutted after the SNP win on Fri.
ppps Can you imagine the F*fe, Rovers and Gelly (and Alloa, I suppose?) in the same league next year? You days of BURGERy will be well over!

Snooker! Come the revolution, that's getting banned! Saltires in Trafalgar Square, however, will be flown daily.

Where's RR1? Come on pal, drag your club foot over to the PC and lets hear yer bile!

I'm the one with the club foot!!!

Gordon Brown, Claude Anelka, Frank Connor, Adam Smith, Murray McDermott, Handbags Wallace, Brian Fairbairn, Links Market etc, etc, your boys took a hell of a beating....

Never mind chaps.

I'm sure the Coldplay gig at Starks Park will cheer you up.

It is still happening isn't it?

dontgo to hamden on wed jonathon its firhill .by the way were all inclusive and wetre still singing

Not so Jono.BURGERy (sic) will survive not least as there is and excellent service for the West Side and Capital city Fifers stopping of at both Coo den and Lino land. I belive it is known as the magic circle line. And ye do ken by the queer like smell that the next stops Kirkcaldy (and Cowden if a lot o hoose windaes are open).

Mark, in true leftist style we'll be leading a split from BURGER next season to form the BAYVIEW BOLSHEVIKS, which will exist for 3 weeks before splitting again.

Jonathan.

RAITHROVERS1.

And aw yer pals (however few they may be).

GET IT RIGHT UP YEEEEES!!!

we were p!sh today and showed what we really are...a 2nd division outfit,nothing more,nothing less. GUTTED TONIGHT!

Firhill... Ah kent that n aw.

RR1, did you see ma confetti? Took me hours to do.

Hey Jonathan Ive just had a look at the Raith site, it was interesting to read one of your comments on Craig O,Reily possibly signing foe the Fife over Raith. "anyone who signs for a 3rd division club over a 1st is a nugget" I THINK THAT HAS COME BACK TO BITE YOU ON THE ARSE

Club foot? Jojo, you've got me all confused. I thought you were the one with the cleft palate.

Aye, the pidgeons are coming home to roost now...

sapper, you've got to be confident or else what's the flippin point?

See you next season m8

RR1 is currently doing Jonathon's ironing right now.
Give the man a break ferfuxake...

Bucket.

Angus, I can assure you that my Mum isn't a Rovers fan.

I have been working up North. No computers. I am still here and yes i am gutted but the best team won over two legs and i an sure Airdrie will be a wee bit worried as i think Stirling are the best football team in the league.
As for the lower leagues play off matches i did see a few lines in the corner of the paper about your loss at Stranrear. I will however be at the second leg on Saturday, i think i am a wee bit of a jinx as i have been to four of your game this year and EF has lost three and drawn one. If you do go up then fine as we all would have 8 games in the Kingdom. That would mean 24 points and a third of our championship winning total, Just think we may even win it at your ground but you have to beat QP first.
We look forward to the new season with or without you.

Apparently we were going to be an easy 12 points for the Methil men next season. It would've been a start if they could have at least made the effort to play in the same league as us. Get it right up ye Wille Gray!!!

Bucket.

Pish we were Pish

Ahh well.

Jonathan, do you have TA connections?

Tartan Army or something else?