Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Blackadder today

Did Blackadder give the fans a bit of back chat today? He stormed straight up the tunnel at full time while the rest of the team applauded the fans.

Are Ryan's days numbered? He looks unfit, slows things down too much and tries stupid passes that don't come off. I thought Hampshire (while less skillful) was much more solid.

Re: Blackadder today

Ryan has signed a 2 year contract with us.

Could you now confirm please that he signed it two years ago

Is it not a 2 year contract with weight watchers !!!!?

Unless he gets fit then he isn't going to be a second division player.

Shouldn't these decisions on contracts be made once promotion/relegation has been decided? Or does Oor Wullie have his favorites?

I would be delighted if he could prove me wrong!

I was at the game today and if Ryan did do what was said,then I personally think it was totally out of order.
Supporters travelled many miles and a wee bit of appreciation would have helped.
At least the rest thanked us.

Due to work I havent seen a lot of the Fife, However before i went away I thought thought that blackadder was a good player. Sometimes things dont come off for him and it looks bad. But my general feeling is that players who talk to the fans and that mingle with fans get away with more bad games than players who dont.
using examples john martin, there is no doubting he can play football but he isnt that good that we should keep him on effort along. Stevie Nic every east fife called for his signature, but did baikie sign him? really dont think he is that a good player, bear in mind stranrear freed him, let him go. I just thnk to many fife supporters like players because they turn up to events and talk to fans. Though I might be rong.

Andrew YOU ARE WRONG, John Martin is banging in the goals for Kelty. Stevie has had a dodgy start, butSLACKADDER is an arrogant, lazy, big headed tosser. Who I know for A FACT IS NOT LIKED IN THE DRESSING ROOM. He came on Wednesday night and each time he got the ball, he turned towards his own goals in order to attempt to beat another player(which is usually when he looses possesion). Also the way he CONSTANTLY MOUTHS OFF AT OTHER PLAYERS, is not good. I think someone should stick one on his chin to shut him up. He was the same at Raith and St Andrews,WE SHOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN HIM ANOTHER CONTRACT!!!!!!!!

Well this is a nice positive discussion which I'm sure will help the players prepare for the fianls games.

I though Blackadder played well and had clearly been given a specific role to play.

We all know he is capable of delivering high quality balls and just because they don't always come off doesn't mean he's a poor plyaer.

I feel the criticism is more indicateive of a common Scottish attitude of cutting down the tall poppy!

Ah always hope Blackadders long passes dinnae come aff, so ah ca turn tae ma neeber and say "ah telt ye"

Still needs to shut up and stop critisising other players, and take a good look at himself. Still a tosser.

Eugene hits the nail on the head here. This is not the time to be slagging players who have just put us into a play off final, a position that we could only dream off 12 months ago.

Blackadder is a classy player. I felt that at the start of the season, he was given a free role. This suited his play. Since then, we have had to play every team 4 times, at least. We all know each other too well and he has been given more restricted roles to either counteract, or take advantage of other teams strengths and weaknesses. He must have played every position along the middle 4 this season. Watch him off the ball as well as on, because he does do a lot of work and always adds something to the team. More importantly though, when you are doing this, give him and every other East Fife player every encouragement. They have given everything this season and deserve the best possible support.

Everyone that has been used, from Sam Linton to Jon Smart, they have been fantastic.

I take on board all that is being said, however you still seem to ignore the negative effect he has both on and off the field with other players, regarding his attitude and BIG MOUTH. As I said he done this at all his past clubs, "not good for teamwork"

Sounds like we have the new 'Chris Miller'.

Some fans seem to think it is ok to give abuse to players but when the player retaliates then it is wrong.

Everytime he gets the ball you can hear some supporters beginning to moan.

Blackadder was a class act at the start of the season no doubt about it. He probably does need to get a bit fitter but he has all pre-season to do that. He has talent we just haven't saw it of late but we certainly aren't going to see it if we don't give the guy any encouragement.

Ryan is a quality player. Maybe he is playing in a league too low for him and he is not suited to the type of football that will always be in the 3rd division. I'm sure our style will change when we move up a league and this will suit him better. We need to stay positive and encouraging at this time. Every club has some negatives about them and I'm sure most clubs would kill to be in our position right now.

'Mon the Fife

I think the real tossers are the people who post on here insulting players. Would they do it to the players faces risking a direct response from them? I know what I would do to them if they dared to call me a tosser to my face!

No wonder Ryan is pissed off if he hears negative comments and reads the drivel on this site about him... and other players. It was Hampshire who was getting it not so long ago.

We know Ryan has a bit of quality about him, but I think he tries the difficult thing too often. He was pulling things off at the start of the season but looks a different player now. There was a chance in the second half where he would have blasted it in the top corner 4 or 5 months ago and he just blazed it over the bar.

Clearly a confidence player and let's hope he gets it back! Wednesday night would be a good place to start, there's no question that we are all behind the players!

Question. Would you tell Paul McGrillen that his wife is a whore to his face? No? Didn't think so!

do you have any idea of what the word JOKE'S mean , didnt think so .

Blackadder is a quality player and an aset to the team. True , he has had a dip in form of late, but at the start of the season he was immense, and ran the show. I'm delighted to hear he'll be with us for the next 2 years. Lets give ryan, and the rest of the players the support they need.

If he does'nt pull his socks up and stop act'in like a bairn he'll have more than a 2 year contract to worry about. Where's ma violin case !!

Blackadder,Slackadder,Fatadder. Time to look in the mirror and reflect on how you piss off both players and fans with your attitude.

Reminds me of John Gallagher.

Pie.

Re: Re: Blackadder today

shame young chris had this stigma attatched to him i thought he got a raw deal with some of our fans when all around there were other players playing badly but didnt get the same abuse i thought chris played well for us