Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Play off Final

Is the second leg at Bayview going to be all ticket ?
Think back a few years to the day King Kenny took us up with his late goal. The stadium was full and Queen's Park had nothing to play for. This time around both teams are playing for a place in Division 2 so they'll have a fair support with them this time. No doubt the glory hunters will come out of the woodwork. I've nothing against a full house which will make for a cracking atmosphere but I feel something should be done to ensure those who have been going week in week out won't be locked out. There was debate about whether Season Ticket holders should have to pay for the Play-Offs and I have no problem with the decsion made. I do however think that they should be sent a voucher or given first option on tickets to help guarantee entry to the game. There are many who don't have a season ticket but have been regulars/diehards and they should also somehow be catered for. Any thoughts Dave Marshall ??

Re: Play off Final

Was going to bring this question up.
Got quite a problem if it is.
My old man is away to London at 6 tommorow mornin and not back till Wed afternoon,so would need to ask you to keep two tickets for us that we can pick up at Firhill on Wed night from you or at Bayview on Sat.

Dave,have you any idea if it is going to be all ticket or not?

I would expect Queens park to bring a strong support through next Saturday and i will be expecting all the ones that just turn up for the big games to be there and the fans who are exiles will be there no doubt, know quite a few exiles will be anyway

In my opinion we should look to reduce the QP support to around 200, to ensure everyone who wants to come and cheer on East Fife is able to do so.

The game will not be all ticket.

Dave, will the away end be reduced?

Dave - if the game is not all-ticket are the club going to do anything to ensure Season Ticket holders are assured entry next Saturday ????

It's a tough one. Given the timeframe, I guess it would be very difficult to make it all ticket, and in doing so would take 200 off the gate.

It could be possible to make the away end all ticket - give them an allocation of 200, which they can sell to their fans on wed night.

either way - it's going to be a squeeze. If need be, you can sit on me knee Bayviewboy

I think we should definetley reduce the Qp end to 250-350 fans.
Were the home team we shouldn`t be letting them have as many fans as us.Lets gain a advantage before the game and let more East Fife fans in and get a better atmosphere!One thing is for sure if it was the other way around i can bet they wouldn`t be letting us have as many fans as them!

Come on,it makes sense!

Aye, there's no way they would let us have 26000 at Hampden!

I10 - Best offer I 've had for a while but I don't think you could take the strain !!!!

?-A meant if they had a stadium that was like ours,of course a never meant Hampden.

Dave - Is it to late to make it all ticket? How long would it take to print 2000 or so tickets and put them on sale? As suggested season ticket holders - who the club have a list - could be sent a voucher and pay and pick up their tickets either during the week or even on Saturday. As for the die hards who are not season ticket holders, they can purchase their tickets during the week or if they are unable to do so is there no way they can reserve them through yourself and pick them up on Saturday as i'm sure they are known to you and vice versa.An allocation could be sent to Queens Park and by doing this we can ensure we have the majority of the crowd.
This is just a suggestion to ensure that regular supporters do not miss out as i think if the result is favourable on Wednesday - and let's hope it is - there will be more than a full house on Saturday as i think Queens Park will bring a decent support.

The game next Saturday will be £10 paid at the gates.We have never sold out the home end at an all ticket game for whatever reason.The game against the Pars in the cup at home is a good example of that,we took twice as many to the replay.The fans who have been at our home games all season will make sure that they are in the ground early enough to get their seat whether the game is all ticket or not.Steps will be taken to get a fair estimation of the away support at which time we will allot the seats accordingly in co-operation with the Police and Security.We are sure that we will get your help to make the day go smoothly for everyone.

I reckon QP will take about 350-400 there. Our supporters bus(es) will be leaving earlier than they normally would for this game to make sure that everyone can get in at the game.

What time do the turnstyles open at?

Not till Sunday Im afraid

Your having a giraffe where are you lot gonny find that many supporters??

Sorry Uddingston Fifer, I just couldn't resist that cheap jibe! I know fine you didnae mean Hampden mate, cheers.

We took 300 to Arbroath yesterday, and the fact that a) It's a huge game where we could potentially get promoted b)It's not as far to travel and c) all the part-timers will get off there arses and to the game will mane an extra 50-100 will turn up.

P.S. There is no confirmation over where your fans will be at Firhill on Wednesday, chcek our official website(www.queensparkfc.co.uk) for the arrangements.