Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Question about bus on Wednesday

Is the supporters bus picking up in Kirkcaldy on Wednesday? If it's leaving Methil at 17:15, will it be in Kirkcaldy at around 17:45? If it is I could make it - providing there's still a seat left, that is.
Could someone confirm times and if there's a seat left? Thanks.

Re: Question about bus on Wednesday

Just ordered a second bus.They will be at Chapel around 17.45.

Isn't it great how the club can arrange a second subsidized bus to appease the ''fair weather'' fans. Indeed all season subsidized prices were on offer but at some games the bus was barely half full. I suggest the Chairman is waging a popularity campaigne to win support from this group.

The season ticket holders have recieved nothing extra for their abiding support, this group of fans pays up-front, not knowing whether they're going to have a good or bad season. At Stranraer on Saturday their fans were allowed entry via their season tickets, for fife fans, its classed as a play-off and not a league game, so additional payment has to be made.

If the ''fair weather'' fans had felt disenfranchised in this way there would have been a gathering on the mound by now. During Derrick Browns time he gave the season ticket holders a free meal when it was pointed out to him that the season ticket wasn't such a bargin, a small gesture but a gesture non-the-less.

I feel that the club should arrange for season ticket holders to recieve some sort of voucher for this Saturdays game, a small gesture to the fans who support East Fife throw thick and thin.

Jim I'm not suggesting that you're a ''fair weather'' fan

You have a point Walter there's a lot on new faces at Bayview, strutting around like the own the place. They buy a few drinks, shake hands with the Chairman and call every member of staff by their first name, like they're old pals. It pisses me off something rotten, as next season, when things are a little more difficult they'll take to the hills.

Walter and Ivor. Take your heads out of the sand. It always has been and always will be the case that when a team is playing well or in a final more fans will appear. Your opinion seems to be that if someone hasn't been a regular attender or didn't watch the games through our bad spell that they are not wanted.
Unlikely scenario for a season or two but EF (avge gate 600 ?) play RR (avge gate 1200 ?) in the Scottish cup final. Should any more than 2000 be allowed in ?

Have you got a seat toc?

Bailey, see the top sticky. There are now two buses going.

You've raised a valid point Walter the club is going that extra mile for some but not others its pay up and shut up. I agree that a voucher for the QP game is not too much to ask.

I know you and I know who your talking about Ivor. I'll see you and I'll see them in the lounge on Saturday

There was no system in place for the Stranraer game,so why should there be for QP on Saturday ?
I agree with some points,but if "fair weather" supporters want to turn up,so what! It happens at every club that is having some success and in our case we are going into a Promotion double header.
Give me that scenario compared to what we had to endure just over a year ago,any day.
Then again,maybe some people would rather have Derrick Brown back in charge,just to get free entry/discount into a play off game.One things for certain,we would never be in this position had he still been at the helm.

Could I interrupt the bickering for a minute to ask if I can have a seat on one of the buses and be picked up at the Chapel (Hungry Horse?).
Also, where's the best place to park? I would assume the retail park would be best?

Jim,I would park nearer Pizza Hut/McDonalds for safety reasons.

Jim,
What is the point in having an unofficial web site if we are not allowed to take the original topic off at a tangent within three posts(this one lasted two thanks to Walter).

Walter, I see your point that a gesture for season ticket holders wouldn't go a miss, but berating other east fife fans (fair weather or not) won't help your cause.

I'm a season ticket holder, but I've no complaint if willie gray chooses to spend his money subsidising transport to enable fans to travel to away games - I think it's a fantastic gesture, and one to be appluaded.

Being a season ticket holder doesn't exclude you from taking up the transport offer.....

Scoobie Doo -" the club is going that extra mile for some but not others "

I don't agree - the bus offer is open to all. Surely doing a season ticket voucher would be for the select few, and not all fans!?!!/

And by the way, that username is reserved

I_10 ( aka scooby_doo)

You are at it again Walter!

Walter, have you heard yourself. As an exile who can only make a few games home and away a season I suppose I can't make a comment in the eyes of a season ticket holder. I am sure most of the fair weather supporters just turn up cheer on the team and go home like the rest of us. The dig at the ones who shake hands with the chairmen etc must be aimed at folk you know. So who are you talking about ?? Come on lets be having you as Delia would say. Maybe I should'nt bother making a 1000 mile round trip this weekend for 90 mins of football.. Even your moaning about fans who bother their arse to go to any game could not put me off. Think about it that is the most negative comment I have read all season

Hi Dave

Is there still room on the second bus with a puckup at Kirkcaldy, car is needed else where.

Brian

See the Travel avaiable to Firhill thread.

Cannot promice to puck you up though.

Cheers Dave, posted in the correct thread now.

Wp.

Why should you be rewarded for having a season ticket? You get a discount and the fans who can't afford the money upfront pay more over the season than you. It's not what the club can do for you, but what you can do for the club, so stop moaning and pay the wee bit extra for a couple of games and be proud that we are in this position.

I said to Gof on Saturday that I'd put on a post to stir things up a bit and in a little over 4 hours I've managed it.

Lets have more debate and less one line pish

Walter

Willie and the Supporters Club(Willie is a member) agreed pre season that we needed do our best to see if we could find a way to encourage the fans to travel together to away matches.Supporters travelling together support together.The decision was taken to subsidise the bus and,in my opinion,the bus has been the success story of the season especially over the last few months.In order to further strengthen the SC base its members were given 10% discount at the club shop.The opportunity to take advantage of both of these was open to us all.The £5 and £2 SC membership entitled everyone to a seat on the bus to all away games for a repeat £5/£2.The job the SC will have is to find ways of continueing to operate the bus on their own.The SC has over 120 members almost entirely due to these offers.I might add that the SC have put a large majority of funds raised back in to the bus.

When I have bought my season ticket I have looked at what was on offer and bought accordingly.If a game was played that was not covered then I payed. I, like most season ticket holders, wanted to get a fair deal and help the club at the same time.I could not want to do that and expect to get free games at the same time,it seems counter productive to me.All lot of us did not buy a season ticket as ,either,they could not afford the full amount or would miss a game or two too many because of work or the likes to make it economically viable.I do not see why I should be afforded preferential treatment over either of the above.Someone who has paid at the gate at every or most home games is every bit as much a "season ticket" holder as I am.How I see these things as personal to myself and fully understand that others will have their own conviction about matters like this,it is just that I cannot understand why they do.

At last a decent thread. Lets have more like this instead of the usual crap we've been getting recently.

DM I get the feeling that WP is winding you up.

Dave - i understand and to a degree accept your points regarding season tickets. I also agree with WP points. In hindsight - which is a wonderful thing - this could all have been resolved by stipulating when the tickets were on sale, what exactly they covered and whether or not they guaranteed you your seat be it a game covered by the ticket or a game where everybody pays ( something to think about for next season ). I'm sure you'll agree that the more tickets sold the better for the club as the money is in the bank. Imagine the size of the crowds if our dip in form continued this year after Feburary. If the dip had continued and at least if tickets had been bought and these supporters did not turn up the club had had money from them.

Can someone explain the difference why the season tickets doesnt cover the play offs. Promotion is decided via the play offs but surely it falls in with the league.

Did Stranraer really allow their fans into the ground using their season tickets,if so why cant we?

Queens Park fans dont get in using there season tickets for the games either.
I`m a season ticket and dont have a problem paying to get in for these games.Just pay at the gate and get behind the team on Saturday!

Sammy

It takes very little to wind me up as anyone who knows me well will testify.

Mummy taught me that to quibble over money was so lower class and demeaning.

Seriously though,I do understand that I may just be fortunate in that I have never needed to watch my pennies.

If the season tickets included the play offs, then they would have been more expensive, yes? And if we didn't make the play offs, or we won the league, then what?

It looks to me like some people want some things for nothing and the reason they buy their season tickets (not all season ticket holders I hasten to add of course), is to save money!

TOC & Dave Marshall

Funny