Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
5 live compare you hams with womans football

Have any of you been listening to Nicki Campbells breakfast program on 5 live in the past half hour?

He asked the Arsenal womans football coach how they would get on against East Fife stating he chose them as a comparison as they were a "LOWLY Scottish football team"

Could not have put it better myself.

That's how you hams are perceived in the wider world.

Nevertheless I still would like you to win the play off final.

12 points in the bag before the season starts.

Re: 5 live compare you hams with womans football

1 post to this, and I suggest everyone else follows my advice - IGNORE.

I can't ignore this. It's sensational. It's been confirmed that you are a lowly Scottish football team.

I've been telling you that for years.

Such a good post that I just have to bring it back to the top of thie list.

Womens football is guff. Any team, even the lower ranks of the fife junior league would beat the worlds best womens team.

As individual, the women may be more skillful, fitter, and faster, but they simply don't have the strenth or agression to compete on the same picth.

Let me give you an example. A few years ago, I was playing against a mixed team. One lassie, skillful & fast, nutmeged me - to the great amusement of my team mates. "Fairs dos hen" I thought, "using your attributes to gain and advantage, I'll do the same". Next challange, sliding tackle, full force, nae holding back, nae messing.

Lassie ends up getting winded, and is very quiet for the rest of the game. Job done - No contest.

ignore him he will go away

I_10 made some good points. No need to ignore him?

I_10..

true hero.

Wasn't Campbell comparing them as cup winners ? that would rule out Raith Ravers !!

I listen to 5 all the time, how could i have missed it. Fantastic, sooooperb Nikki C, the man no`z his stuff. I think the women get bigger crowds than EF as well.

And Rovers have the bigger tits

You guys have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Womens football is a far superior product than you give it credit for.

Totally agree Mike!

I played a game for a female manager once but she pulled me off at half time

>>> I_10 spits out shreddies on reading last post <<

I played in the same team as GoF and that lady manager was something else, she liked her wingers to come from all angles, the centre forward to be good with his head, midfielders were not allowed to creep up the back she didnt like that, her defenders had to be masterful and hold their own, the goalie had to be good with his hands and if you were no good she would pull you off at half time. GoF never really tried very hard in the first half - fnar fnar

Monkey Tennis.

The best part of woman's football is at the end of an international when they swap shirts. Most frightening are the German and Swedish ladies, who are big !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! women.

0-2 half time - looks like Five Live was right enough - you do play like women.

Now that is unfair on the wumen.

go on RR1 GET TAE F@C& WEENER BOY