Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
computer problem

Hi can anyone help. I am trying to open an attachment of photos sent to me from my wee sis in oz but when i go to open it this message appears. windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I don't have a scooby what it means HELP.

Re: computer problem

If you are given the choice to save the file, or open it, try saving it to your hard drive first, then open it. No guarantees, but worth a try...

Good advice DMB, I had a similar problem and your idea worked a treat. Thank you most kindly.

Caroline

if you hit computer problems in the future copy the error text and enter into google.. you are almost guaranteed to find a nice and simple solution to a problem. for example your issue may be resolved by checking out

http://www.adminscripteditor.com/editor/Help/WebHelp/Troubleshooting/Error__Windows_cannot_access_the_specified_device,_path_or_file..htm

just a hint... 99 times out of 100 somebody else has experienced the problem and has documented a solution.. can get you out of a tricky situation rapidly... enjoy

DMB, you should think about setting up your own business as you solve all the computing dilemmas around here. I'd hate for you not to make money from your vast knowledge.

Caroline,

Stand still, slowly move away from the computer. Go and make yourself a cup of tea.

Once you have done this seek assistance from a male relative or friend.

Get back to the appliances which you know work. Hoover, washing machine, cooker, iron etc.. Go and have a nice bath and do yer hair love. Take care

mp you are a cheeky wee monster not all women are tied to the domestic duties thats why god invented men. Why have a dog and bark yourself. Now you go away and have a nice wee talk with Pam.

Come on hen, gee us a brake. I'm happy wi you lassies using the computer, the Tesco on line site is great. Don't have to drive you lot to the shop. It gets delivered so I can spend more time drinking beer and talking shite to all the other EF sado's on the net.

Every ones a winner.