Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fairbairn

Can anyone confirm if in fact Fairbairn is/is not coming to The Fife?

Re: Fairbairn

Hope bloddy not he is nothing but an arrogent wee jump start who thinks he is gods gift to the female population.He isny a very bonney n he canny play fitba.

From what i hear he is going to be an EF player again from the same sorce that said Bibby was on his way to. He has been wrong in the past tho.

Well heres hoping he,s wrong this time, I think Fairbairn is under the impression he is looked upon as a hero here,HOW WRONG CAN ONE BE. Go elsewhwere you little shitbag.

Come on Wullie Gray and Dave we all know you scan this website, for gods sake don,t bring this little moron in, he,ll only disrupt a good dressing room and cause trouble. BE WARNED!

"BE WARNED"

That doesnt help.. Willie and Dave wont like to be under the impresion that they are influenced by forum posters.
Dont forget, chairmen, directors and managers make club decisions - they make their money by doing so - not the fans. There is no problem with expressing views and concerns, but threatening the man who runs the club is not the way to go.

No coincidence that it is first time usernames that post crap like this. Bana fide Fifers they are not.
I'd welcome Frankie back. Great entertainer, great potential...

Bana fide!

Wtf is that?

Stevie Nicholas was brought here soley on the constant pressure and requests from forum fans. Neither Gray or Baikie had even heard of him, never mind be interested in him.

Baikie had never heard of Stevie Nicholas before.
What a load of crap!

Correct, and we all know Zak constantly posted this request. I personally have nothing against Fairbairn, however I do agree that this would be a step backwards, if he,s not good enough for Raith, why should he be good enough for us?

Any body on this site that believes Baikie is pulling the strings when it comes to players coming and going, are only kidding themselves. Ask yourself this, would Baikie constantly look little further than Raith for signings? I don,t think so, Wullie Gray hates Raith and the way they booted him out, and he would love to beat them, using ex Raith players. £££££££££££££££££££££££TALKS

I'm with Angusfifer on this one.

I'd take him back. Whether we need him or not is another question. Whatever everyone thinks of him - he's got skill.

Wish he'd sign McManus back too !!

What happened to his skill while at Raith then? go on thier website, they can,t wait to get rid of him.

McManus, yes, Fairbairn, NO, NO, NO, NO,

I hear a lot of talk about who is suppose to be coming, however, do we know who is making way for these new players, or who do the fans think should be on their way?

I have to say that I personally wouldn't want Fairbairn back either, but if he does come back then he'll get my full support.

Can't see him and Blackadder in the same team though.

He apparently scored a cracking goal on Saturday but the general feeling from Rovers fans is that they want to see the back of him.

sapper

Do'nt you think that your question is mistimed? We are about to enter the now two most crucial games of our season when everyone East Fife should be supporting everyone else.

Quite right Dave. In fact, everyone 'East Fife' needs to do that all season. I believe if they really are 'East Fife', then they would!

Brian Fairbairn

A player I would pay my ££ to see any day.
Skillfull and exciting. Give him the ball and a goal is possible.

You boys watching the same game as me?