Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
tonights sgame

just back and have to say baikie got his tactics wrong, why on earth jason dair was playing i will never no, weatherstone skinned him every time. The ref again was dire free kicks galore for QP , the last 15 - 20 mins we could have scored a couple more, Smart was immense great reading of the game and was totally fired up for it loid young also and prob jabba the rest PASSENGERS, hiding i still believe we can do them at home

Re: tonights sgame

Did Dodds even have a save to make tonight?Thought Smart,McDonald and Young were the only ones to get pass marks.Rest were non exsistant.
Fans were great once again,shame we cant have that at every away game maybe we should have that next season.
Couldn`t believe how biased Underhill was tonight,that is the most biased referrin performance i have ever seen from Kid level all the way through.There surley has to be something you can do about such a biased performance.Report him maybe?
I think we have a glimmer of hope but theres no reason why we cant win,as long as we go all out to attack at them.

C`Mon the Fife!!

Dodds made a crucial save when it was 0-0 saving from Weatherstone when he was one on one, it was then that I thought it was our night, how wrong could I be.

When Underfanny disallowed our genuine goal (goalie was no where near the cross and just ran into traffic) then we started playing like we did from December till March i.e. humping the ball up the pitch, up until then it was a very open game.

Queens Park? well what can I say, they are the best footballing side I have seen in absolutely ages, just a pity that as soon as you touch them they fall down, but really they fully deserved their victory and probably a more comfortable cushion than just the 2 goals.

Plus marks last night go to J Smart for being immense as usual, O'Reilly and Nicholas for tireless effort, Young and Jabba for fighting hard in midfield but on a hiding to nothing when its 2 against 4 and sometimes 5 and Dodds for keeping the score down. Those failing miserably are Hampshire for being caught in no-mans land and not looking up for it, Gibson for, well nothing really coz thats what he done all night, Dair who I have admired for a long time but disappointed me big time last night also Baikie for getting the tactics way wrong.

On a cheerier note for the Fife fans, did you notice how their arses tightened in the last 10-15 mins when they realised that a 2 goal advantage is better than 1. They became very nervy and started playing more like a third division team which hopefully they will be next year. I think if we can get stuck in to them right from the start on Saturday we could really give them problems and if we get that early goal I believe we will go on to score the 3 we need .

Agree with Lonefifer. The better team won, but did so very much aided by the ref. What was wrong with our "goal"? The keeper was no where near it. It went over the two defenders that had a better chance of getting it so even if he was blocked he wasn't going to get it. The ref knows he had a mare. Late in the game, he waved play on when we had clearly committed fouls. Obviously trying to make up for the one sided performance up to that point.

They were very nervy at 3-1 and 4-2. If we can exploit that by getting a goal back at Bayview, then it really is game on. Loose a goal though......

Thought the old weaknesses on the left and right of midfield were our undoing again. We have been a much better side, against QP, at home this season. Highlights of the game were Jabba's meg and Jon Smart putting Paul Ronald further than his header late in the 2nd half.

How many directors have QP got? Half the crowd were suits. The EF directors all came out 5 minutes early as they could hardly get in the door. Ok, so Willie Gray takes up a far bit of space.

Heart says we are still in it but head seems to be disagreeing. We werent great last night and when Queens hit their 3rd i thought it was going to be an absolute mauling. Credit to us for keeping it at a 2 goal difference and not totally falling to bits. Personally, i though Bakie got it all wrong tactically, playing Dair at right back was probably the best example of this. Wingers too had to be more involved and Hampshire was ineffective all night. Credit for me goes to Smart, Stevie Nic and Jabba who all played well. Its now a must win at Bayview, 2 goals isnt impossible provided the lads believe and are up for it, Queens will begin to panic if we score an early one. First goal is crucial.

Mon The Fife

Agree with lonefifer as well. I reckon the big question is will we have the same referee for saturday?! Weegie b*****d

QP played some great football and thoroughly deserved their win BUT
They had the chance to kill it off but didn't take it
They did get a lot of help from the ref
They did get more than their share of the lucky bounces and deflections.
They did look pretty ordinary at 4-2 and started to get ragged.

We cannot match them at a passing game but if we put out a team that is aggressive and goes for it from
the first minute we still have a chance.

Lonefifer - we don't need three on Saturday. Two will do, then no goals in extra time, then win on penalties!