Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Saturday

East Fife are still in this tie - there is no doubt about that.
However in order to give the team the best chance, the supporters must give it 200%. What we don't want, is at the end of the game to be asking what might have happened if the supporters had been more vocal. As has been mentioned often here before, players really appreciate a vocal support and it does give them extra energy.
East Fife fans have to be the twelfth annd thirteenth men on Saturday.
There has to be constant chanting and singing before and during the game. No excuses.
The support against Stranraer at bayview was good, but it now has to be the best ever!

All those who agree please say amen.

Re: Saturday

Totally agree we must sing our hearts out..cmon the Fife

Amen.

Queens Park are going to have about 400 noisy and cocky supporters so we have to drown them out and make their singing sound like a whisper.

Agree totally and the ground is going to be full on Saturday so every East Fife fan in the ground has to get right behind the team before the match has even started.
C`mon The Fife!!!!We can do this!

As an EF fan, I'm feeling pretty relaxed about Saturday. The QP fans meanwhile will be bricking it (as a browse on pie and bovril will confirm) cos they can only blow it now.

Their players must be feeling the same as well.

Oh, and amen.

Amen

I think QP will be pretty nervous on Saturday, but we can't afford to give them a goal early doors as that would surely settle the tie.

Even if the game remains goalless with 10-15 mins to go though, a goal for us late on will totally put the shit up them and they could panic. So an early goal would be nice but even if we don't get it we will be in the game right up until the final whistle. Keep in there Fife!

Im not keeping my hopes up for saturday but say we did manage to win the game 2-0, meaning it will be 4-4 aggregate, will the game go into extra-time or straight to penalties

extra time

I am so nervous at any Fife game but I will be biting my nails down to the quick on Saturday. I am more optimistic that confident. If the whole team want it as much as we do then they can do it. We will be right behind them vocally from the moment they come on the pitch 'til the final whistle regardless of the outcome. We will still be proud of them but can claim the braggin' rights throughout the summer and have such a fuckin' tremendous season to look forward to.
COME ON THE MIGHTY FIFE. Amen!

Have changed the front page of the site to encourage us to be the vital 12th man.

Brilliant Gof!
We should get in ground early on Sat and get it going before the start to let the players know we are there in our numbers and right behind them,lets not be quiet from before the game till late in the night

Also i kjust hope whatever the outcome is on Saturday that at the end everybody stays in the ground and appluads the players for there efforts this season,no going home early!
C`Mon the Fife,yous can do it!!!!

Zither.

Well where are you guys at everyhome match?

i've noticed this thread before about getting behind the team etc and its generally alot of pish! the guys at the back are always trying to encourage fans to sing other than the "east fife cha cha cha" pish. get it sorted, there is a whole catalogue of songs on this under song book, get them learned, get them sang, join in ffs!

cumon the fife

Got ti agree wi you lads.I'm actually really looking forit ti this game.Not abit nervous,pritty relaxed really.Were twa nil doon ,un we've nothing ti lose noo but auhing ti gain.Lets face it,when the season started we could only hiv emagined us in the play aff final,esp wi Broon still it the helm.Think(might bi wrang)but wiz it no in the season 82/83 we played Q.P ti win promotion.Berwick were playing up it Montrose un they drew 1-1,whilst we beat the weegies 3-0.Think it wiz the 2nd last game o the season.Me un ma gid mate Goose were "fucked" well affore the game,so a kid bi wrang.Then there wiz Kennys goal ti win promotion the last time roond,again against the weegies.THIRD TIME ROOND???????????A F'N HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best o luck ony wy ti the players the morn.We'll bi kicking every baw wi yiz!!!!!!!

Surely there are better songs than 'East Fife cha cha cha'. There is a whole list of songs on this forum so why don't supporters read them and get involved?

Anytime guys try to start a song other than the depressing 'East Fife cha cha cha' it's silence!

Enfifer yo are correct that promotion was achieved against QP, in the second last game of season 83/84. A win that day was enough regardless of Berwick's result.
A result tomorrow would mean a New Year Day visit to Starks Park, the alternative being a trip to Elgin.
Go for it!

SONGBOOK

Need to add We All Dream Of A Team Of Johnny Smarts

Get it done then GoF! We sang that at the last home game and people didn't seem to know the words.

I'm sure he would appreciate the song!

Done!

Only thing was not having realy heard the song reach it's climax I wasn't sure what should have gone after the penultimate line so added my own!

Feel free to correct me with the proper one.

Or should it just go on and on like Angus tried to do last Saturday?

I like it to just go on and on and on and on!

It can annoy the hell out of folk but is mildly amusing!

We all want to hear more singing but what is wrong with 'East Fife cha cha cha'? Someone says here it's depressing. I've heard this sort of mince before. If you find 'East Fife cha cha cha' depressing you had better go see a psychiatrist.

Chanting 'East Fife' makes the biggest noise of all at Bayview. Always has, always will.

Do you want East Fife cha cha cha to be the only song that fans sing? A tad silly is it not?

ONE SONG, WE ONLY SING ONE SONG! No, that would make it two then wouldn't it!

Reading the P&B site, the QP supporters are not too confident about tomorrow, the Fife supporters in general quietly at ease.Don't quite know what to think. By all accounts, QP played well while Fife played badly so my gut feeling is that the tie could go either way tomorrow. Saying a few Hail Mary's, crossing my fingers and wishing and hoping , and anything else for that matter, that all will turn well in the end. Go for it guys.

Don't see anything wrong with East Fife cha cha cha myself.

Still brings the hairs on the back of my neck to stick up when there's atmosphere's like last Saturday.

We just need to make sure we have enough songs to last the whole 90 minutes.

If we can get a first half goal tomorrow then the atmosphere is going to be electric.

For the record, I don't see anything wrong with it either.

Anybody here got a megaphone? Perhaps someone knows of someone who has one in their house. Maybe a group of you chipped in to help pay for it. Maybe it has been used only once. If so, that one would do!

One person chipping in does not make a group!

But yes I'll bring it along

Aye, well I ken who that one person was and it was technically two. Ye ken, what's yours is mine and what's mine is ma ain!

Just an idea,but would it help if the majority of the "singers" got into the ground at 2.30 so they can all try and be as near to each other as possible.
Surely it would help and it would give the players extra encouragement as they warm up.

Wasnae gonny bring the wife but if thats what u want thats what'll happen

Good idea purple cat.People are going to be in the stadium earlier tomorrow just to make sure they get a seat. It would be brilliant if we could have lots of singing during the warm up. Plus it would give everyone a chance to hear and learn a few new songs.

Something along the lines of the PAOK Salonica fans would get the adrenalin going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsXaLopjIaQ

Come on Fife we can do it.

Oh Methil East Fife, Methil East Fife We're Number 1
Oh Methil East Fife, Methil East Fife We're Number 1

We're rulers of The Kingdom like we've always been before
We're gonna win the play-offs and we're gonna win some more

Oh Methil East Fife, Methil East Fife Number 1

Well i have to say it, good luck for Saturday. I will be at the game in my long detective coat trying to conceal myself from you lot. I know you would like nothing better than to slap me aroond.
Enjoy the day.
I will be back at my pc at night tho to read all aboot it.

You just don't get out much do you RR1?

With young Kids, nop.

Hmm, know the feeling mate!

Great idea Purple Cat. C`mon everyone make one last big effort,get there early and secure a seat!
I`ll be there..who else?

Amen.

East Fife.

Believe me, anything that's loud is very welcome - even the East Fife cha cha cha!
At the Stranraer game (1st leg) the East Fife chant sounded brilliant on the oposite side of the park and I can assure you all it lifted the players.
Problem with any other songs is that not everyone will know the words, so there's no chance of everyone joining in.
Enfifer - you're correct about the 3-0 game against QP - it was the second last game of the season. Where was the last game? Stranraer!

Amen

The moral of all this is get some terracing at Bayview! It's an old debate, but it would make a hell of a difference to the atmosphere at the ground.

Ye Jim un we won that anaw.Think big John Inglis(1st goal fer the club???) scored that day.Think it wiz 1-0 or 2-1?????

Special request-

Could we have some renditions of the "Cowden family" please and "No soap in cowden" please?

Enfifer - yep, it was 2-1.

We could write a book aboot that day oot.

Any noise will do, God I wish I was there! Amen!

I even hope the wraith boys that attend will make a noise!