Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres only two goals in it, we score one and they get very jittery. We have the experienced guys in our squad, they have a bunch o wee laddies. 1 goal will very quickly become 2 and if we keep turning the screw I believe this Queens Park team will fold, there was enough evidence on Wednesday to suggest that they arent as confident as their manager makes out.

Come on East Fife

Post your support for the team here

Re: Believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Believe, A man once said I HAVE A DREAM, we 2 have a dream 2nd Division football, and im very confident we will trap the spiders in our web......Cmon the Fife

It only takes a few seconds to score a goal, and it only takes a few more seconds to score another..

I totally believe that we can and will do this.

The players want it so bad and with the fans singing and supporting them non stop for the 90 minutes, we may even do it before having to go through extra time and/or penalties.

We have to score in the first half though to really make them shit themselves completely.

A second just after half time would be ideal!

An early goal followed by one just before half time and one on 90 mins would do.

I think a goal at any stage up until about 85 minutes will put the shit up them. As noted above, it only takes a few seconds to score a goal and a few more to get another one. I don't think we need to go 'gung-ho' right from the whistle as we can't afford to gift them an early goal. It'll be interesting to see their tactics mind - do they go for a goal that will kill the game off or do they sit back and try and keep what they've already got?

We can do it East Fife. Think positive and get stuck into them!!!

Gung Ho is the only way to go, if we start slowly we'll never pick up the pace.

I'm right up for this one and I'm sure the players are too. Lets stand on their toes from the first minute to the last, they won't know whats hit them if we get an early goal and the fans get right behing the team.

Today, and for one day only, I'm putting away my sweety papers, proudly sporting a team top and exercising my vocal cords. An old guy in a fotball shirt, singing. I'll look a twat, but then you've said that about me before.

I agree we need to get right into this shower. If we get an early goal they'll shit themselves.

O'rielly for a hat trick

If we don't go at them from the off then the fans will fall silent. We may need to be the 12th man but the players have to respond to this and if they don't then today isd going to turn out to be a bit of a damp squib.

However I'm sure DB will have the players up of this one. J Smart has have been so fired up for this since Wednesday that I heard they had to tie him down.