Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CELEBRATIONS

its time to celebrate boys, THE FUCKIN PARS ARE DOWN !!

KINGS OF FIFE NO 1

Re: CELEBRATIONS

at least there still 1st division look at us in the fukin 3rd .... didny even look lyk we wur gaw score the day fukin shyte !!!!! Hope we make it nxt season straight up nae play-offs

Aye but we were pish 2 day in fact we were crap

ROME WAS'NT BUILT IN A DAY BOYS

GIVE THE TEAM AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THE CHAIRMAN SOME CREDIT THEY HAVE HAD A GOOD GO THIS YEAR

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE FIFE'S PERFORMANCE TODAY, THEY JUST DIDNT SEEM UP FOR IT, QP WERE QUICKER & MORE COMMITTED. SAME OLD STORY THO, BIG CROWD, BIG OCCASION, PISS-POOR RESULT.

I was sad to see the result today as I had really hoped East Fife would get promoted and Im certainly not celebrating Dunfermline getting relegated.

Think you are forgetting that Q.Park are a good side who hit their peak at the right time. They sorted out Arbroath in the semi and almost every nuetral football fan commented on how good a team they are. We probably didn't play bad, they were just better than us and made us look bad. Take it on the chin folks and look forward to next season, we will win it this time. [i am not going back to Stranraer]

Fifeyboab you are one of the club's greatest enthusiasts and I admire that but I challenge you to find another in our ranks who will agree that we "probably didn't play bad". We were woeful.

Aye, you are correct Ratty, we did not play well yesterday. But, it was kind of understandable after the bolt out of the blue when they scored in the first 5 minutes. Knocked the stuffing out of the players and the most telling thing that everybody is missing, it gave the QP players a massive boost!
Their confidence went sky high after that and all they had to do was contain us. Not a hard job for them yesterday I admit but they never gave any of our front men, particularly Craig O'Relly any space. He was closed down on every ball he received.

I didn't think QP played well as an attacking force yesterday and they didn't have to after the early goal, but they played the perfect containing game and only scored the 2nd and 3rd goals because we were left exposed after the substitutions. Poor decision by DB to change the team like that. Yes, bring on the subs, but don't mess about with the defence like that.

The fans were marvellous and it was refreshing to see the whole bench as well as the players, applauding those who stayed to cheer them off the pitch.

It's not hard to contain us. Just wait for the ball to be launched from the back. Queen's Park must have won the vast majority of those hopeful punts, a lot of which were speculative in the extreme.

I don't think getting the stuffing knocked out of us was the problem. The problem was that we went into the match with a game plan that did not work, and we stuck to it for 90 minutes. Even after the double substitution, we played exactly the same tactics. Launch it, lose it. Get it back some time later. Launch it, lose it. Get it back when Queen's finally make a mistake. Launch it, lose it. And on and on and on.

Cannae argue too much with that Ratty.

I agree with Pud,I am not celebrating that dunfermline got relegated.