Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Season's reality check!

I unfortunately missed part of the middle of the season but it was fairly obvious from the start of the season the 3rd Division was pretty mediocre with even the bottom teams able to take points of the leading teams quite easily - the manager who was best able to exploit his players strengths combined with playing a team formation and tactics which suited them would eventually get the success - and so it has proved. Queens Park played well as a united team today and we were never at the races. One of the basic rules of football is - pass and move - but most of our guys passed and stood still - so we were never going to be in the hunt today. I am unsure if having players who are more or less past there sell by date combined with to many players who are only on loan is the way forward - I doubt they would really give there all for the club - although O'rielly today seemed to prove the exception to the rule - he never stopped trying but the support was poor and QP never really needed to get out of 1st gear. So its next season to look forward to and hope that the many errors made by management this season are improved upon next season.

Re: Season's reality check!

Fuck off u twat

I take it that you dont really know much about football then Bally!

You know bally, that's a really constructive comment. Haven't seen you post before, then all of a sudden there's loads of 'fuck this' and 'we're shite' etc. Methinks you are a 1 game supporter and nothing deserves my contempt more. Even the wraith boys would get a pint from me before you, as they actually go to games on a regular basis.

Go and put the computer down and go back to playing with crayons. You won't look like a prick then.