Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The big crowd !!!!

WHERE UAE AW BN AW SEASON !!!!! NAE POINT TURNING UP LAST GAME I THE SEASON COS WE HAD A CHANCE I GAWN UP. PATHETIC THTS WOT IT IS !!!! AM THERE EVERY FUKIN WEEK HOME AND AWAY AND USE TURN UP ONCE IN A BLUE MOON!!!!!!!

Re: The big crowd !!!!

nae point moaning m8 the Big crowd didnt get us prompted it was the Board and the players

Totally agree. Theyre only part time supporters, next season we need everyone there every week! Especially Boydy and KP!!

The point am trying ti make is tht we need thm there every week pal....even jist gawn ti hime games every week wid help bit they dae even go ti thm !!!!!

So you want the exact same numbers turning up each week??? Get real, every team has a diehard support plus the people who will only come for a big game!!! That is life, i bring people to games as much as i can and most of the time they don't come back, even if we have played well and won. It's in the blood or it is not.

Of course people drift in and out, go to the big games, cup games etc. that's life. Shouting at them doesn't make them come back, so it's better to encourage them instead. Ladies day, kids for a pound, free tickets to BB's etc, that's how you catch them.
You could raise charity money and give it to the disadvantaged poor of this world, like the starving people of templehall etc. Would make a change from rats in buckets...

Kids for a pound is a great idea. Get them involved and passionate at an early age - instead of having them doing a balancing act in the trees. Theres a lot of families who just don't have a fiver to give to their bairns, or simply wouldn't.

Let's get the young people in watching AND playing. Linking in with community initiatives like streetlive. East Fife could have an immense community support with a bit of effort and development.

Can we also hve some steak pies on sale next season - the mince wans are rubbish!

take your point but I wonder how many people legitimately can't make it week in week out?? I work every Saturday, 6 of my Fife supportin mates work every Saturday, that's life!! We don't want to miss the games but losin 50 quid wages, spendin a tenner on travel and a tenner to get in, that's 70 quid every fortnight and another 70 at least if you go to away games...not to mention the full years salary lost if I persist in asking for/taking Saturdays off!!

Aye slag off the glory hunters, but in jest, at least they're still following the scores, at least they're out there once the team get some consistency and good results regularly (not ideal I know but that's life).

Not everyone is as privileged as you!!

aye a suppose pal ....a agreee wi this kids fur a pound or even 2 or 3 it wid git more supports cumin every week instead off just it the big games

Kin what your sayn man....need ti get a grip like

Come on LOVEJOY

ps the pieman rules