Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
what was that

whats the point in going to east fifes games????

if i want to see shyt ill go to the lavvy!

the players played like it was any other game!

the first goal was a joke!

to improve next season:
get rid o baikie
goodbye dodds lets put our suport into Ross
actually start the only person whos been scoring goals (John Martin!)

baikie has made and ruined the team in the same yr

players.....hang yir head in shame

nd mak sure yiv got curry pehs next game aye

Re: what was that

Was that your 1st game of the season?And your last game till where in another big game?

Why don't you just go to the lavvy then and watch your sh1te. Give your mouth a wash out too coz you are certainly talking it. How the hell was the first goal a joke? It was a cracking goal.

1st goal was shite????? were u at the same game??? it was one of those oh sha cunt moments

Why did Baikie call on the service of young John Martin, who was due to turn out for Kelty today, only to leave him on the bench. I think Martin is the type of player we needed today and should have come on at some time. Anyway lads all the best for next season.

I have always thought it strange decisions when a player is signed - especially in the transfer window or recalled then not played i.e John Martin (today) or Stevie Nick. I have said many a time that i cannot fault the commitment of our players (part time players taking time of their work to attend training, midweek games e.t.c ) but what happened in Jan - Feb when the slump set in? That is the answer to why we were not automaically promoted! I'm not pro or anti the manager but Steven Fortune was a player who did not put a foot wrong but was shipped out - why? John Martin and was another player whose commitment could not be questioned. But our downfall was the slump we had. To go from nine points clear to fighting for fourth place despite the great points total in the last nine games have we have got what we deserved?
lets now look forward to next season and hope we can do it this time.
Dave Marshall - have a good break as you deserve it with the work you do at the ground and answering queries on this site and to all the other volunteers.

Eric

Next season starts tomorrow for the groundstaff and the pitch repair work starts on Tuesday.No rest for the wicked.

I received your letter the other day and will reply when I have confirmed a couple of things.

Dave, will work also be starting on some much needed terracing? I think we all know what a difference to the atmosphere that would make at home matches.

must say I was tempted to applaud queens parks first goal,

had they not scored so early I like to think we would have seen a different match!