Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
If Only It Was Always Like This....

Put some video up on the site of the team running out and the fan's reactions etc.

You can view it HERE.

For a better quality and bigger version though, just download it directly by typing:

http://www.aftn.co.uk/qpwelcome.WMV

And don't forget there's sound.

Re: If Only It Was Always Like This....

It's nearly 12MB in size btw and, as always, let me know if it doesn't work for you!

Deep Joy.

Who's Stabley Unwin?

Yep, the usual few singing up the back and the rest rustling their sweetie papers, joined by a few enthusiasts I have to say. What about the rest? The question is how many would have been at the first game of the season had we got promoted ?

NOT ALOT STEWART

Don't have a go at the crowd Stewart everyone in the stand was well up for this game. The buzz around the ground was tremendous and with most getting in early an atmosphere was building, that was until the team took to the field. Tell me, who encouraged and motivated the fans, no-one, they were self motivated, who motivated the team, no-one, they couldn't motivate themselves, with the exeption of perhaps one or two. Who should shoulder this responsibility, I leave that to you to provide an answer.

A headline in the FFP from last week read ''Fans turned up but team didn't'' How apt for us yesterday.

The atmosphere pre match was buzzing and all the crowd can take plaudits for that.

The early QP goal killed it stone dead.

It was always going to knock it, but the reason it was killed stone dead is that there was nothing coming from the pitch to build it up again at any point whatsoever.

But we should be getting bigger crowds than we are. In saying that peformances like yesterday will mean that the vast majority of those who turned up yesterday for the first time all season won't be back till we're in a similar position.

Sad, but a reality in today's football.

The players clearly respond to the fans getting behind them though, so as the title of this thread says, if only it could always be like this.

Everyone connected at the club has to try to make this happen and before the last game of the season.

I don't think there was a lack of motivation in the F*fe or Raith players this season, we just came up against teams that were too good for us.

There was nothing you could do about the early goal, it was a ripper. From then on QP kept hold of the ball so well that there was nothing you could do, motivated or not.

Walter Pigeon and GoF have summed it up perfectly. All I would add is Baikie's pre-match remark to The Courier: "If they were to score first, that would be it more or less all over." What a terrible message to send out to the players and the fans. We all lived in hope of a fightback, but the players had already been told by Mr Motivator that they were beaten. With 87 minutes to go.

Aye you're right Ratty, it didn't help.