If the subject of your posting is:
"No Subject"
Your Posting Will Be Deleted.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bad scaffolding firms

Ive worked in many parts of the UK and i worked for a company in Wimbledon called Admiral Scaffolding,i only lasted about 2 months as i had my wages witheld by a company director for no apparant reason,i have never seen a firm ran like that in my life,they have got trainees and labourers working alone on scaffolds when they should be supervised,most havent even got CSCS cards,i honestly think the HSE needs to investigate these rouge firms,someone one day will get killed,they have got Russian and other eastern Europeans working who can hardly speak a word of English putting up complex scaffolds,no method statements,a complete disregard for rules in the HSE,how do they get away with it?????

Re: bad scaffolding firms

An organisation may have to face many challenges.
Including health and safety.
Many organisation do lead with good practices and procedures and then the workforce do not comply, cannot be bothered, could not care and left the organisation down.
There is a mental block for some.
Others do not understand.
Others are unaware of the risks.
It is a dilema that needs reviewing across many industries and locations.
The organisation you refer to may travel to some locations were there is a greater and stricter compliance.
Other locations will not be so great!
Maybe you made the right decision to walk.
You can do something, if you are still concerned, you can conact the HSE (they enforce health and safety standards (excuse the pun) with scaffolders.
There is no need to provide you name or detail.
JM

Re: Re: bad scaffolding firms

Hi
I have contacted the health and safety and gave the address of where these incidents are happening but nothing to my knowledge has been done?i didnt leave my name as i have had problems before with them,i reported them to the NASC but they were thrown out of this organisation last year so they could do nothing,they seem untouchable and its just a matter of time before something happens

Re: Re: bad scaffolding firms

replying to your reply,its down to the management and supervisors and individuals to make sure they all work to the HSE laws but this firm i mentioned seem to have no regard to HSE laws,they got unqualified men putting up complex jobs in Regents Street London,i recently went to one of there jobs which was a truss out scaffold and i have never seen such a badly put up scaffold in my life,how it has,nt fallen over il never know,a part 1 scaffolder working unsupervised and certainly not trained to put up a job like that,when i approached him the reply was ,i have no choice,if you want the address of the job email me and i,l gladly give you the address and you can send a HSE inspector to have a look

CLICK HERE TO ENTER STAN'S SAFETYPOINT STALL