Hashim's Daily Sutras

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions. 

This resource will be used primarily for posting news 
articles about Sri Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda and 
other great minds of the 20th Century, like Pir Inayat 
Khan, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Osho Rajneesh and others. 

Unfortunately, due to heavy SPAM, we have been obliged to LOCK this forum.
If you wish to post a message, send email to internetaction@yahoo.com and we will post it for you.

Hashim's Sutras Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Understanding the Essence Of Life

Understanding the Essence Of Life

Postnoon chats with Dega Deva Kumar Reddy, a man with a purpose of creating an understanding in the minds of the public through the teachings of Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Alric Quintin

Kumar Reddy is known for producing films about understanding the mind and being focused on the life ahead rather than losing focus on goals because of a mind full of worries and fears. His motivation: teachings of the world teacher, Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Kumar Reddy’s upcoming film Essence Of Life gives the viewers a chance to understand how life can be interesting and peaceful through simple measures of song and dance. Here are the excerpts from our conversation:

What is Essence Of Life and how is it going to change public view of cultural art?

Essence of life is nothing but the understanding of the human mind and how it functions in the time of jeopardy. The human mind is basically the root cause of all the problems we face in modern times. Essence of Life gives a basic understanding to people to get over the problems they face through the basic elements of the human mind. Cultural art is something that can reach out to people as part of Indian culture, as song-and-dance is one way of getting a better understanding of Jiddu Krishnamurti’s teachings.

Who is Jiddu Krishnamurti and how have his teachings inspired you?

Jiddu Krishnamurti was a philosopher of the 20th century who spoke about various problems that we face in our daily life like fear, suffering, hatred, violence and death. His teachings have helped many to understand life better, and change and improve their lives. I follow the teachings of Jiddu Krishnamurti in my daily life; his teachings have inspired me and have helped me get through many obstacles. Since I became inspired by his teachings I have chosen to share it in the form of art cinema.

Do you think the teachings of Jiddu Krishnamurti and your trying to propagate them through art cinema will bring about a change?

Fundamentally, the human mind usually thinks, “If the other person does not change then why should I?” The first objective of a human being is to change himself first and then consider the change in someone else. The teachings of Jiddu Krishnamurti need to be thoroughly understood. His teachings can inspire us and also bring about changes in the society we live. So basically his teachings improve the structure of the human mind and the potential to carry yourself over hurdles and attain victory over any emotion that causes corruption of the human mind.

What do you expect from the Essence Of Life and how are you working towards its success?

Essence Of Life is something I loved doing and it is also widely based on the main teachings of Jiddu Krishnamurti. According to Jiddu Krishnamurti (and this is something I follow too), the work that we do should be something that we love and are interested in; only then it will attain fruition. I am happy with the work I did and I love spreading the teachings of Jiddu Krishnamurti, as it can actually create peace in a confused mind and through my work I hope to present his teachings. I am not working for its success because this is something I love doing and success will automatically follow with the amount of work put in this.

Essence of Life is a revolution in music and dance inspired by Jiddu Krishnamurti’s teachings.

Who is Jiddu Krishnamurti?

Jiddu Krishnamurti (May 12, 1895 – February 17, 1986) was an Indian speaker and writer on philosophical and spiritual subjects; widely considered a World Teacher. His subject matter included: psychological revolution, the nature of mind, meditation, inquiry, human relationships, and bringing about radical change in society. He stressed the need for a revolution in the psyche of every human being and emphasized that such revolution cannot be brought about by any external entity.