The spirit of adventure...
In April, I went on a grand adventure, traveling over 7,000 miles across the Western half of the United States. Along this journey, I had the honor of experiencing many magical moments…the peacefulness of the open plains, the majesty of the mountains, the power of the ocean, and the willfulness of the wind through the desert. I walked labyrinths overlooking the ocean and in the middle of a church courtyard. I felt the pulse of all life alongside an energy vortex. I encountered several owls meant to accompany me as spirit guides on this great adventure. I witnessed a plethora of twinkling stars on the darkest of nights. I walked among the rocks of a replica Stonehenge. I experienced the intensity of the waves at Thor’s Well, and so much more.
But what I brought back with me from this journey, what stands out for me the most, is the adventure. I traveled to places both known to me and unknown, and I went with an open mind and a spirit for this adventure. I was actively engaged in the journey, not just spinning my proverbial wheels, making it through another day, another week, another month, and yes…another year. On this adventure, I gained so much more.
But how many of us just push through life…existing, though not fully engaged in the magic all around us? How often do we lose sight of our spiritual path so that we can finish a project, drive the kids to their myriad activities, or try desperately to find time for some much needed sleep? It’s so easy to get caught up in the mundane world, the boring routines of life, that we forget to enjoy each moment. We forget to venture out of our comfort zones, and we forget that life itself is truly an adventure.
Some prefer to stay close to home while others, like myself, enjoy traveling the world over. But, you needn’t even leave your own community to experience the adventures that life has to offer. All that is truly required is your initial intention followed by action of some kind. Your adventure can be as simple or as complex as you desire. Here are a few examples:
1) Create a themed movie night by selecting a couple of videos set in a location you would love to visit. Invite a friend. Prepare snacks that remind you of the location of choice. Have an intermission between movies with similarly themed music.
2) Explore the neighborhoods, parks, and walking trails in your community that you’ve never visited.
3) Organize a treasure hunt for your kids, grandkids, or other special children in your life. The sky is the limit, so let your creativity run wild! Think of an adventure you would have enjoyed as a child, and allow your own inner child to come out and play.
4) Try a new restaurant or a type of food you’ve never had before. If you want to ramp up this opportunity, consider visiting an elegant dining establishment, and simply order dessert…just for the experience.
5) Take that trip you’ve always dreamed of, and enjoy every minute of it.
You can spend elaborately if you choose, but truly, your adventures in life don’t need to even cost a dime. There are so many possibilities out there! Ultimately, the goal is to shed the humdrum of everyday life and instead, embrace the adventure your soul craves. If you’re not certain what experience to create, allow Spirit to guide you. Take a moment to quiet your mind and go within. What adventures bubble up to the surface? Fabulous! Why not do that? You deserve your own grand adventure!
Sending Love, Light & Blessings,