Replies
Last Post
NAVFAC Midway Alums
The Tsunami really did a job on the birds on Sand and Eastern islands. See link
Views: 733   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 20, 2011
by Jim Donovan
New Hope In Japan
The world owes these brave men and women a giant debt of gratitude. The definition of heroism is exceptional or heroic courage to act when facing mortal danger. These men and women (2) should be recognized by the world community. With a little luck and more hard wor...
Views: 472   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 18, 2011
by Hal Cook, OTACS,...
c
Chuck
San Luis Obispo "The Tribune"
Check out this article I found in this web site: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/03/17/1524998/slo-firefighters-red-cross-to.html "Highway 1 closed in Big Sur" Chuck
Views: 546   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 18, 2011
by Irv (Dee) DeMatt...
Ex-Rad, the U.S. Military's Radiation Wonder Drug
"In what has to be one of the greatest accomplishments in the history of military medicine, the U. S. military has developed a radiation protection drug known as Ex-Rad that can give protection through DNA repair against otherwise lethal dosages of radiation. Ex-Rad,...
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011
by Rick Matthews
As Expected: Worst Case Nuclear Emergency in Japan
All four reactors melting, containments breached, and the wind has shifted to the southwest toward Tokyo. I feel so sorry for the Japanese people. They need our prayers and all the help the world can provide. Where is that Big Horse China these days?
Views: 464   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011
by Rick Matthews
Work Pay Tax "One More Time"
Just another reason for a VAT or Flat rate Tax and delete the IRS. I received the following after writing to a Florida Senator, Dear Mr. Cable: "Thank you for contacting me regarding the expiration of the Making Work Pay tax credit, which was enacted in...
Views: 452   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 14, 2011
by Marshall Pittman
Any news from the south coast of Hokkaido?
Had the opportunity to visit there and still have some friends in the region. Anyone have any news from that area?
Views: 576   Replies: 6
by Jane Wright
Update on U.S. Military Support to the Government of Japan
by U.S. Pacific Fleet on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 3:14pm The aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) arrived on station off the coast of Japan March 12 at approximately 1 p.m. eastern. Currently in the vicinity of Honshu, Ronald Reagan will continue to oper...
Views: 455   Replies: 2
by Dave Annis
SPAWAR UPDATE: Japan Earthquake and Associated Tsunami
Subject: Japan Earthquake and Associated Tsunami Folks, I wanted to take a moment to provide you an update on the Earthquake and Associated Tsunami in Japan. Most importantly, ourthoughts and prayers go out to our close friends in Japan during this difficul...
Views: 535   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 12, 2011
by Rick Matthews
Great Earthquake (8.9) In Japan!
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Japanese people and our American military friends during this time of great tribulation. No doubt thousands will be lost. Our friends on Guam, Midway, Hawaii, Alaska, and the west cost are also in our prayers. Incredible destruc...
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2011
by Rick Matthews
New Tax Tables fully explained by DFAS
Seems we did get a tax hike after all... even if we made less than $250K. Read my lips..a promise broken is an election lost. Ask G.H.W. Bush. 2011 Tax Table Changes We've received a lot of inquiries from retirees about recent changes to the tax law. S...
Views: 495   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 10, 2011
by Hal Cook, OTACS,...
Navy Hails Bill Cosby as Honorary Chief Petty Officer
I had no idea Bill Cosby was a Hospital Corpsman at Argentia in the later 1950s. - Jim Navy Hails Cosby as Honorary Chief Petty Officer By Navy Chief Petty Officer Sonya Ansarov Office of the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy WASHINGTON, Feb. 18,...
Views: 587   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 10, 2011
by Marshall Pittman
Submarine ASW History
Facts, figures, numbers, and us. Hmmm!
Views: 564   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 08, 2011
by Hal Cook, OTACS,...
Everybody hertz: The heartbroken whale who sings so low that no-one else can hear
And interesting article about tracking a whale. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361873/Everybody-hertz-The-heartbroken-whale-sings-low-hear.html?ito=feeds-newsxml Rick
Views: 620   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 06, 2011
by Rick Greatting
Time flies
I'm not sure how it happened so quickly, but I turned 60 today. I didn't really mind that much and having 6 of my 7 grandkids sing happy birthday to me more than compensated for it! (#7 is only 6 weeks old but he was there anyway) :) I'm actually making this post to...
Views: 770   Replies: 27
Last Post: Mar 05, 2011
by Rick Matthews
German Stealthy Sub - With Hydrogen Fuel Cells
It's been a long time since I was in the System - OWO at Argentia and Nantucket in the 1968 thru 1971 time frame. As an Electrical Engineer I know that the technology has improved a lot over the years; however, I have to think that this German Sub with Hydrogen Fuel...
Views: 553   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 05, 2011
by Rick Matthews
CUS Commodore - CAPT Scotth Rauch, USN
Greetings, all. I had the opportunity to call on the current CUS Commodore, CAPT Scott Rauch, USN this morning. Commodore Rauch assumed Command of the Dam Neck headquarters and global organization in October of last year. He has had a very impressive career and br...
Views: 919   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 04, 2011
by Terry VanderHoev...
Video: USS Seadragon Under the Ice - 1962
CAPT John Byron, USN (Ret) a.k.a "Rubber Ducky" provided link to this 15 min video clip that outlines the deployment under the ice cap by USS Seadragon in 1962. I thought many of you would find it interesting - note the beards and casual cigarrette smoking. "Se...
Views: 638   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 21, 2011
by Irv (Dee) DeMatt...
Question for Director
Jim - maybe it is just me, but it is somewhat frustrating when reading a post and the contributor has a "signing name" - that does not identify who the person is. I read with quite some interest - recent post by Jane Wright concerning current condition of NavFac Pt...
Views: 671   Replies: 12
by Jim Donovan
The P-8A Poseidon ~ The Future of Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance Aircraft
Thought you would enjoy this news release. - Jim "Poseidon represents the centerpiece of the Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance Force. Make no mistake, P-8A is a game changer that will help ensure the United States Navy remains the preeminent maritime force in th...
Views: 485   Replies: 1
by Rubber Ducky
Loss of income due ti an increase in FED tax
I bet I am not alone???? 24-26% tax increase, but we just extended the "TAX CUTS" so this would not happen, right??? I guess we didn't tell Civil Service or Military Pay Masters??? Chuck
Views: 617   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 17, 2011
by George Janacek
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Visits: