The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Peter Falk's COLUMBO raincoat up for auction
Hello all-- I'm a long-time Columbo fan, first-time poster here. Thought this bit of news may be of interest to this community: The iconic raincoat worn by Peter Falk will be sold at auction on November 21, 2017. The raincoat was consigned by Falk's widow, Sher...
Views: 483   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 12, 2017 1:34pm
by Verdammt
Was A Friend In Deed made for a specific reason?
This episode is noticably different in that Columbo has to catch a police chief, I wonder if someone was involved in getting it made to show that no-one is above the law and if police commit crimes they will still be convicted or at least charged, because of some rea...
Views: 357   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 8, 2017 10:57pm
by Grant
The Mrs. Melville Painting
I know of the history of the Mrs. Melville painting after "Murder By The Book" - it looks like the Sigma Society bought it when it was sold off after the official legal dissolution of the Ferris/Franklin partnership. But did it have a history before the episode?...
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2017 2:58am
by Toby O'B
It's All in the Game question: 2nd bullet
Lisa fired a much smaller gun "into the air" (says Wiki) to fool the super into thinking it was the fatal bullet. Did they not find this bullet in the room and realize it was a different caliber than the fatal bullet? Or... even if it was the same gun (minus th...
Views: 235   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 6, 2017 1:34pm
by Verdammt
Richard Anderson
Dead at 91. He played victim Bryce Chadwick in “Lady in Waiting”. As reported by the Hollywood Reporter . What a career! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0027323/ Since I downgraded my cable, I have been enjoying a lot of shows from the 50s an...
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 1, 2017 10:54pm
by Grant
If anybody goes to this, please take lots of pictures and share them here.
https://patch.com/new-york/ossining/columbo-convention-planned-ossining-2018
Views: 282   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 29, 2017 1:29pm
by Verdammt
Columbo and Rick(y) Nelson
I have a clear memory of an episode in which Rick Nelson was the killer. He was unmasked at the end of a stage concert during which he performed the song he had been composing throughout the episode - "Garden Party". In real life, Garden Party was one of Nelson's c...
Views: 1155   Replies: 18
Last Post: Aug 27, 2017 2:03am
by Kristina King
Episodes Where the Killer Tries to Frame Someone Else
The really obvious one is Dale Kingston trying to frame Aunt Edna in Suitable for Framing. How many others were there?
Views: 372   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 26, 2017 9:57pm
by Grant
b
BB
Blueprint for Murder
Hi all, I'm wondering whether anyone knows the names of the country tunes playing in Bo's car while Columbo is sitting in it thinking about the case? The scene is between 20:00 and 21:00. Thanks!
Views: 356   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 22, 2017 10:21pm
by Rasmus
f
Fred
Picture
Does anyone know how to (or can I) post a pic. to this board??
Views: 261   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 22, 2017 3:42am
by Fred
Can someone answer this?
Which episode was this: Columbo was talking to a woman on a yacht, and as he got off to dry land, added that somebody told him a man with a deep tan was using his girlfriend for her wealth. Anyone remember this episode?
Views: 313   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 21, 2017 12:38am
by Claudia Couch
s
Suzi
The murderer not being irritate by Columbo
It was nice to see the murderers not getting irritated by Columbo in Old Fashioned Murder and Fade Into Murder, I think in every episode up to these two (?) Columbo has started to annoy the murderer but Ward Fowler (or Lucerne!) seems to be having a great time 'helpi...
Views: 406   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 19, 2017 7:09am
by Pete
s
Suzi
Last Salute ....sorry, if I didn't LOVE Columbo...
Sorry to bring it up when I know it has been discussed plenty before I'm sure, and if I didn't LOVE Columbo I wouldn't be able to chuckle about it, but I had forgotten how awful this episode is. What were they thinking of? Really, it doesn't even work as a comedy!...
Views: 380   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 19, 2017 7:04am
by Pete
c
chelly
Help with certain episode
Can anyone please help? There is a scene from one of the newer episodes where Columbo is trying to get coffee from a machine, but the coffee never stops coming out. Does anyone know which episode this is? I'd really appreciate your help!
Views: 249   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 15, 2017 1:35pm
by Verdammt
Error in Exercise in Fatality
Did anyone ever notice the fact that Gene Stafford's fingers were never put on the left side of the weight? That should have been taken into consideration that his prints weren't on it.
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 10, 2017 6:11am
by Fred
e
Ed
Try And Catch Me Unbelievable Elements
In Columbo and other series - and books too - there are some things that are hard to believe. Personally with Columbo I let them go because its such a great series. But I recently watched Try and Catch Me again. I have seen this episode many times and overlooked t...
Views: 411   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 7:29pm
by David C
g
Glenn
Playback goof?
In the scene where Columbo does his experiment with the gun he tells Elizabeth to go upstairs to her bedroom. Which we assume she does using the chairlift but whenever we see the stairs after that the platform for the wheelchair is at the bottom of the stairs. Surel...
Views: 439   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 6:59pm
by David C
r
Rachel
Is this a Columbo episode?
Hello, could anyone help me...I have a memory of a Columbo episode that I watched when I was a young kid (I'm 23 now lol) but I'm not even sure that it was Columbo or another detective show. All I remember is something about a car's headlights? As if the fact they we...
Views: 446   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 6:50pm
by David C
f
Fred
McGoohan as Oscar Finch: "One bite of cheese"
This is my favorite McGoohan episode. He portrays himself as a real pompous, arrogant attorney, yet he leaves far too many open ends. Obviously a novice at murdering someone. You would think that the blood under the gun would be plainly obvious to him at the crime...
Views: 765   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 6:32pm
by David C
f
Fred
Troubled Waters
Let me first say that I love Robert Vaughn. Columbo misses a major clue. Danzinger clearly writes the big letter L on the mirror, but it appears he did it barehanded leaving his fingerprints on the lipstick unless this is a blooper. yet nobody bothered to check...
Views: 411   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 5:49pm
by David C
This may be heresy! However...
For many years, even possessing the entire DVD collection, I refused to watch "Forgotten Lady". I know it's a fan favorite, I read it was one of Falk's favorites, but knowing that Columbo didn't bring in the killer (regardless of the reason) - I couldn't face it. J...
Views: 579   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 5:43pm
by David C
r
russ
under glass
hioik
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 5:27pm
by David C
g
Grant
Try And Catch Me - "Third Alternative"
This might sound ludicrous, but there's no harm in mentioning it. Instead of an accident, and instead of killing Phyllis for Abigail's money, what if Edmund murdered Phyllis for some other reason? Maybe she'd found someone else, and he had that "If I can't have you,...
Views: 322   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 5:25pm
by David C
g
Grant
"But you have nothing to write with, Edmund."
I saw TRY AND CATCH ME for the first time in forever last week, and one little thing occurred to me. For such a smart person, Abigail didn't seem to take into account the idea that Edmund might have had a pen on him, or might have even found one (in a safe that had t...
Views: 324   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 5:15pm
by David C
IMDb are ending their message board service.
Anyway of migrating their complete Columbo message board over to this site?
Views: 362   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 5:06pm
by David C
Odd behaviors of the Lt.?
For example, in Identity Crisis at Sinbad's, two things he does here that I could describe as seriously odd. Firstly, the way he acts at the bar. The interaction with the former police officer, now bartender. The level of disrespect Columbo shows this man is thorough...
Views: 782   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 4:31pm
by David C
f
Fred
Columbo testifying
Arresting someone for murder is one thing, getting them convicted is completely something else. Personally, I think Columbo would be an excellent person on the witness stand. And I think in most cases, he would have gotten a conviction. But not necessarily for mur...
Views: 294   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 4, 2017 1:55am
by Fred
d
Dave
Films starring multiple Columbo killers
I just watched The Legend of Hell House with Roddy McDowell and Clive Revill...two actors who both played murderers on Columbo. Can anyone think of other films that starred (or at least included) more than one Columbo killer?
Views: 286   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 28, 2017 2:51pm
by Grant
Shameless Plug
There's nothing I hate more than shameless plugs, but to qualify that statement, I'll let you know that 10+ years ago I used to roam the halls of these forums pretty frequently. Anyway, my love of forums may have dwindled but my love of "Columbo" has not, so I'm h...
Views: 349   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2017 3:38pm
by Ted
f
Fred
Peter Falk's Gravesite
Perhaps this was mentioned before, and if so, sorry for the redundancy. Peter Falk is buried in Westwood Memorial Park in Los Angeles, CA. It's very close to the San Diego Freeway (405). I'm taking a trip out there in the next 2 weeks and I plan on visiting....
Views: 321   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 26, 2017 12:50pm
by Suzi
Talk about feeling dumb!
I've always liked "Requiem...Star" with Anne Baxter. Not my favorite but a solid episode. Recently on TCM I just happened to start watching "All About Eve", mainly b/c Gary Merrill is in it. Then I start thinking, "That 'Eve' sure looks and sounds familiar..."...
Views: 287   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 24, 2017 3:12am
by Grant
s
Suzi
What is your earliest memory of Columbo?
I was wondering what era you first started watching Columbo? My first memory is at around 10 yrs old in the 70's watching with my Mum and Dad and have continued watching episodes whenever possible as an adult. Did you watch as a child or have you only discovere...
Views: 259   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 23, 2017 2:20am
by Charles Crisp
s
Suzi
song from All in the Game and RIP Mrs Columbo?
In REST IN PEACE MRS COLUMBO, when Vivien Demitri is watching slides of her and her husband, what is the song playing in the background? I also notice it plays in the background in ITS ALL IN THE GAME when Columbo is in Barneys Beanery talking about how tough the ca...
Views: 257   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2017 5:50pm
by Suzi
s
Suzi
Columbo spoof movie
Can anyone remember a movie where Columbo is a character but so are several other TV detectives. I seem to remember seeing this years ago as a kid. It was set in an old house an was like an Agatha Christie type story. I seem to remember Poirot, a lady (Miss Marple?)...
Views: 275   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 22, 2017 8:28am
by Suzi
I am DONE with this board!
I am sick of this board. All of you can kiss my a$$!
Views: 413   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 21, 2017 9:29pm
by Ultima Thule
c
Clive
Mrs Columbo...
Not the allusive Mrs but the real life "Mrs". Always thought Shera was a sassy actress. She had several Columbo roles over the years, all worthy of note albeit rather minor. Anyway I liked her sassy style and what a lucky fella Peter was :-)
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 21, 2017 3:05am
by Grant
s
Scott
RIP: Actor Martin Landau dies at 89
Oscar-Winning Actor Martin Landau Dead At 89 Martin Landau, a star of the 1960s television series “Mission: Impossible” who made a late-career comeback with an Academy Award-winning performance in the 1994 film “Ed Wood,” died on Saturday a...
Views: 287   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 19, 2017 5:17am
by Grant
g
ghera
Filming locations
I finally found the shooting place of Mrs Vivian Dimitri's villa. If anyone is interested I will be happy to tell you. cordially
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2017 5:43pm
by ghera
SUITABLE FOR FRAMING: how did Columbo predict, that the painting will be planted in Edna's house?
Columbo came to Edna's house with gloves on his hands. But how could he predict, that they will find those paitings with his fingerprints ?
Views: 312   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 14, 2017 12:37am
by APK
f
Fred
"Convenient" Clues OR Obviously He's Very Lucky
There are some unbelievable clues that "show up" during te course of the episodes that leave you scratching your head saying, "Wow. How did THAT come up?" Examples: 1. In "Make Me a Perfect Murder" the dry cleaning just happens to show up when Columbo is at M...
Views: 423   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 14, 2017 12:32am
by APK
s
Suzi
Ultimate Lieutenant Columbo 20 years old
I've been exploring the site and notice that it was created in 1997....20 years ago, that's amazing, and happy 20th anniversary. Thanks for such a fan_tastic site. Are there many people posting now that have been visiting from day one?
Views: 289   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 12, 2017 1:48am
by Dave
c
Clive
Bizarre films...
I always thought The Most Dangerous Match (1973) was a bit off the wall. Mind over Mayhem (1974) was bizarre and ludicrous. Grand Deceptions (1989) was ludicrous and sleazy. Just my thoughts on the matter :-)
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 10, 2017 2:40pm
by Grant
Which episode had....
The scene where Colombo set the wastebasket afire and tried putting it out with his coffee? Thank you.
Views: 223   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 10, 2017 1:48pm
by Verdammt
s
Suzi
strange interludes, love 'em or hate 'em?
Noticed a couple of films that have these strange little 'time fillers' in them that have no reason to be there. Can anyone think of any more films that have them? MAKE ME A PERFECT MURDER (I think it's this title, correct me if I'm wrong)) The scene starts with...
Views: 379   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 8, 2017 8:30pm
by Clive
Columbo's popular sayings - not only J1MT ...
The most famous saying of Columbo is obviously "just one more thing/question", but there were some other sayings, too. - one thing that bothers me - I don't want to bother you - my wife says ... - I'm just trying to tie up loose ends. Nothing important, you und...
Views: 407   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 8, 2017 10:08am
by Suzi
Troubled Waters: What did Columbo do with the gloves?
In Troubled Waters, when Columbo is counting the rubber gloves in the sick bay, he asks the doctor if he can borrow a pair but it never shows what he does with them. We can assume that he experimented with them and this how he discovered that they hold a print, but a...
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 7, 2017 4:38pm
by Suzi
r
Ryan
Bye bye sky high cut scenes
In the episode bye-bye sky high IQ, the Hallmark Channel cut out my favorite scene what seems like for no reason. Suzie, the girl in the disco, who falls on George and introduces herself. She starts talking about the self help groups she's been apart of. It shou...
Views: 531   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 1, 2017 8:59pm
by Suzi
s
Suzi
Theme tune from Ransom for a Dead Man
Am I mistaken, or does the theme tune from Ransom for a Dead Man get played in the background on a couple of later episodes, I thought I'd heard it as piano music in a restaurant a couple of times (although the later theme tune is different). I'm not sure which ep...
Views: 232   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2017 8:11pm
by Suzi
g
Grant
Spouses
The last question reminded me of one I asked before, though I don't remember the answers off-hand. I've always wondered how many killers or victims have spouses that you never see. When it comes to killers, the only one in the original series that I can ever seem...
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 30, 2017 4:26am
by Grant
d
David
Descendants of victims
Hi. Can anyone else out there name the five episodes of "Columbo" in which a murder victim had at least one son or daughter? Please correct me if there were more than five.
Views: 286   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 30, 2017 1:34am
by David
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25