ALECSTAR MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome! Tell us of your memories of the band and what your favorite Alecstar song is, or just drop us a line! 

ALECSTAR MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
m
Mitch
Harold Mantor
On behalf of the band I am sorry to report that guitarist Harold Mantor has died in a tragic accident. He was struck while crossing the street. Please send out your prayers for Harold and his family. Mitch/Alecstar
Views: 30   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 21, 2024 4:00pm
by Tedi Swift
Mike Secreti tribute
Any of the members of Alecstar going to the tribute to Mike Secreti?
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 7, 2017 3:40pm
by Mitch
m
MaryJo
You had a reunion???
Hey Guys! What's this I heard about an Alecstar reunion a few weeks ago? I just heard about it. (too late) I usually get something in an email from you or hear about it on the radio. There was nothing. What happened?
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 1, 2016 11:23am
by Mitch/Alecstar
j
Jerry
CD info
Just wore out my Alecstar. Hey Mitch is there any left be had?????
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2014 1:48pm
by Jerry
Memories from an old road crew member
A friend of mine saw the Web site and sent the link to me. The first time I saw Alecstar was upstairs at Sparky’s Fireplug Saloon in Downtown Syracuse. This also happens to be the same place I first ran sound for them. I was with Alecstar during the time...
Views: 351   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 17, 2013 9:54am
by rick
music
Just found this site brings back great memories of myself and my friend Richie going to all the local Alecstar shows in Syracuse thru out the 80s
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 28, 2013 4:50pm
by Robert Scheirer
j
Jenny
Reunion
Hello again guys! I'm still waiting for an announcement that you are going to play again. It's been awhile since your last show. I'm not getting any younger! Any news???
Views: 316   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 16, 2013 7:06pm
by Alecstar/Mitch
l
Laurel
Next Performance
The Flyers have a show scheduled this October - what about Alecstar ? C'mon fellas !!! None of us are getting any younger......
Views: 280   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 1:35pm
by Jackie
I remember
Found this in a search. Alecstar was my favorite club band back in the day. They played my fraternity house, RSE, many times in Troy, NY and I saw them open for Foghat at Uncle Sams as well as shows at Poor House North. Now, my son is a lead guitar for a band in San...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2012 5:50am
by Steve Bowler
j
Jenny
Next Live Show
Hi Guys! I was wondering if you were going to do a fall show this year at the Turning Stone? If not, are there any plans at all for a future show?
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 22, 2011 6:23pm
by Alecstar/Mitch
Chuck P says hello
George Dan Jack. Proud to be a small part of the history of such a great group. Hope you are all doing well Chuck Pietra
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2011 5:24pm
by Chuck Pietra
t
Tim P.
Alecstar Recording
Thanks for the prompt reply Mitch- looking forward to the second CD and the next live Alecstar show !!!
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2010 11:43am
by Tim P.
t
Tim P.
Alecstar Recording
Just bought a rare album off E-bay titled "The Album, The Acts, The Agency" put out by DMR. Alecstar has a single titled "Take Me", a song I have never heard or can find on any of their recordings. Does anyone know what year this album was recorded as it is undated...
Views: 286   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 7:17pm
by Mitch/Alecstar
Greg Italiano
Greg Italiano passed away today. Not sure if you all heard yet. Even after all the years I've been in Arizona we always talked at least every other week. I will truly miss my friend.
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2010 3:35pm
by Mitch/Alecstar
l
Laurel
DVD
Any word yet if there will be a DVD available from the most recent show. Thank You
Views: 250   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 8:15am
by Mitch/Alecstar
j
jackie
new CD
I was hoping to pick up your new CD at the Turning Stone. How is the process going? I had so much fun at the show. I LOVE you guys!!! Thank you all for rocking on for us! Keep in touch and let me know when the new CD is ready. any of you want to e-mail me direc...
Views: 363   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 23, 2009 5:22pm
by Alecstar/Mitch
l
Laurel
Turning Stone Reunion
Will a DVD be available from the last reunion show?
Views: 366   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 4, 2009 9:11am
by Laurel
Great show
We're not worthy,we're not worthy, What a fantastic show!!!! From start to finish. Took 8 of my friends from the old days and we rocked our asses off.Had a nice little party in the hall afterwards too. Thanks for the autographs,the great time and for being who you ar...
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 2:26pm
by codadog
m
Meg
Rocked It OuTttt!
Wow guys that was awesome! I gota say as Jacks daughter I'm 26 now which i know most of you remember me when i was 3 ft tall... but I hope that wasnt your last show... I think i'm an ALECSTAR SUPERFAN!! Luv U Guys you ROCK! meg
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 8:50pm
by Meg
MISSED SHOW
HEY EVERYONE OUT THERE IN ROCK-N-ROLL LAND! JUST WANTED TO SAY SORRY I MISSED THE SHOW, AND THAT THE RUMORS OF MY DEMISE HAVE BEEN GREATLY EXAGGERATED ! HAD OUR "FALL RIDE" TO INDIAN LAKE BOOKED IN APRIL, DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS THE SAME WEEKEND AS THE SHOW. OH WELL,A...
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 5:32am
by RICH PABST
j
Jackie
Last night @ Turning Stone
For all of you that were at the show last night, it was absolutely electric, wasn't it? Thank all of the fans for coming, and thank you to both bands for making it happen. For those of you that weren't there, you really missed an awesome show. I had so much fun...
Views: 272   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 2:56pm
by Jackie
THE PREMIERS!!!
Hey George! My brother Tom just e-mailed me and told me that he saw a billboard on the side of the NYS Thruway advertising that Alecstar is having a reunion at Turning Stone on 10/3/09! I SOOOOOO WISH I could be there, but financially I'm not sure I can swing it t...
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 7:26pm
by Bill Sopchak
ALECSTAR CD and MP3 direct digital download and DVD
Hi, You can get all of Alecstar's music at - http://www.yrbook.com/soundshop/alecstarcd.htm
Views: 346   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 7:22am
by Able Al's Sound ...
Jack and Danny and Billy...SMARTALEC
I have tons of pics and a few videos of SmartAlec on my page if you have a myspace you can go there to view them. They have added two Scorpion tunes that are freaking awesome...Big City Nights and THE ZOO...can't wait for the reunion but, while you're waiting, come...
Views: 406   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 18, 2009 11:51am
by Stevo
truckin timmy and the twitchinWitches
Tim says HAAAAAAAAY1 to everyone. He's doin well in Fl playin in a couple bands on weekends, workin hard to take care of his boy Van, and still being the Tim we all know and love.St Pete beach hasn't been quite the same since he's arrived, and apparently, they like i...
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 5:40pm
by greg konder
l
Laurel
80's Flashback
Are Alecstar and the Flyers playing the 80's flashback show at the Inner Harbor in Syracuse on July 8th?
Views: 459   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 26, 2009 3:19pm
by Alecstar
Thrush Reunion
Hey all you Alecstar die hards out there...anyone remember George & Jack's first band THRUSH with Dan Christy on guitar? Would anyone like to see the trio get together for one song at the next reunion? They haven't played together in 32 YEARS!!! What a special mo...
Views: 428   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2009 4:34pm
by Jackie
j
Jackie
Reunion show
I got my tickets!!!! I am so excited!! Brother Stan and cousin Dorie are coming with me. It will be so nice to see all of you guys again, of course to enjoy the awesome show, but also to chat & catch up! As always, thank you all for bringing back the music one mor...
Views: 333   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2009 7:26am
by Jackie
New CD
Looking forward to having you guys in the studio again to work on the new CD. Just a couple suggestions to keep in mind. Mitch- During the mixing process, could you please limit your phone calls to me, to under 10 a day. Harold- please bring your own wine with you, t...
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2009 7:00am
by Jeff Perillo
Reunion October 2009
Hi Guys, I'm so glad to hear your doing another reunion, been waiting a while for it. Also looking forward to your new CD. It's hard to beleave that this reunion could be the last, but who knows what the future holds. I have enjoyed every reunion and want to thank yo...
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 9:20pm
by Brian Brennan
j
Jackie
Just wanted to say HI!!!
Hey, guys!! Just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you all! Hope you all are well & hope to see you all again soon. My brother Stan & I had a great time @ The Turning Stone last time!! I'm getting ready to go out with my cousin Dorie (Rock N Rye)...
Views: 342   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2009 3:14pm
by Jackie
Happy Holidays!!!
Wishing you all a very happy holiday season and best wish's for the new year!Hope we see a show in 2009 to celebrate the release of the new CD(MAYBE)!
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 11:20am
by Dennis Wantuch
b
Beth
Rock 'n Rye, Lake George, NY
You guys were the band playing when I had my first under-age bar drink. Crazy days. Hope that I get to hear you again someday.
Views: 514   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 29, 2008 5:00pm
by Alecstar
a
Anne
Hey...No Way...Alecstar Still Rocks
We used to see Alecstar in a small bar in East Syracuse....Sylvan Beach...just about anywhere within driving distance...I loved their cover song "Sunspot Baby" cause "we sure had a real good time!!!!" Kisses to Jack
Views: 435   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 1, 2008 8:37am
by Anne
CD?????
So I was listening to the last CD and I said to myself"Self,if I can't gets no more AlecStar what's I's apposed da do?"WELL? We are ALL waiting!!!!!PLEASE AT LEAST GIVE US AN UPDATE OR THROW US A BONE ON THE WEBSITE!!!!
Views: 242   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 17, 2008 4:31pm
by Alecstar
Is There Any Hope Of A 2008 Reunion In The Works?
We respect the fact that times are tougher than ever these days. Still, enquiring minds among the Alecstar faithful would love to have a progress report, in the event one is (or might become) available. Much respect and appreciation, best regards, and rock...
Views: 276   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 27, 2008 7:42am
by Alecstar
john waite show
Seen Jack and Harry at the john waite show at the turning stone. What did you think of the show? Got to talk to John W. after the show, what great down to earth guy.............
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2008 11:57am
by codadog
REUNION
HI GUYS, I REALLY REALLY REALLY MISS YOU ALL. I AM SORRY I MISSED MY FIRST REUNION, BUT THE SITUATION DID NOT ALLOW IT. THE REUNION PICTURES ARE GREAT...YOU ALL LOOK WELL. I WILL CONTINUE TO FOLLOW UP. WISHING YOU ALL AND YOURS A HAPPY HOLIDAY. I LOVE YOU GUYS. BYE B...
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2007 11:46am
by JACQUELINE MURRA...
Pictures
Can we expect any pictures posted from the latest reunion?
Views: 445   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 13, 2007 4:41pm
by Mitch
Right On
What a show and its goes without saying that it was a great night. Thanks for the kind words but as Mike and all the guys have said if it was not for you it might of not happened the first time..... Thanks and I cant wait till next time..........Star was Hot
Views: 364   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 7, 2007 4:25pm
by Mitch/Alecstar
j
Jackie
You Tube
Hey everybody! Alecstar is on You Tube!!! Discovered this last night. Vist the sight & rate the video. It's pretty cool.
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2007 4:48am
by Jackie
p
Pete
Man Behind The Wheel...Enroute To The Show!
Pun intended, I guess. My girlfriend and I are making the journey from the Glens Falls region of NYS starting Saturday morning. Will be good to see some familiar faces and some new ones too. Here's to good times rockin' with y'all on 09/15/07!
Views: 329   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 18, 2007 9:38am
by Pete
A Blast From The Past
To Everybody at the show and especially the band(My brothers from different mothers)AND MITCH(YOU ROCK AND DON'T F...IN FORGET IT!), 9/15/07 Must go down in the bppks as one of the best reunions in years.It was like the years never passed.Boys you ******* ROCKED!Ti...
Views: 419   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2007 4:36pm
by Dennis Wantuch
j
Jackie
what a blast!
Just got back home to the Lake George area from the Turning Stone. Excellent, excellent show as always, guys! So good to see you all & hear the music live once again. Thank you so much for all you do to keep your music alive for us. The only disapointment of the...
Views: 316   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 16, 2007 2:38pm
by Alecstar
Great Show
Fantastic Show last night guys. Highlights for me were Tom Petty's "I need to Know", Takin it Over, and So Long to Hollywood. Everything seemed to flow very well, except Harry having some amp trouble. Just a ton of what makes Alecstar great - Smooth, Hard, Melodi...
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2007 5:05am
by Jeff Jones
j
Jackie
see you saturday
Hey, guys! Listening to the tunes & getting ready to rock with you on Saturday. Hope we get the chance to chat awhile & maybe party like the old days. Rock on....Yes, Baby!!!
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2007 6:37pm
by Jackie
Alecstar Excitement in the air !!
I'm looking forward to another fun Alecstar show !! Can't wait to hear the new tunes, and the other great ones. Rock On, you guys !!!!!!
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2007 9:54pm
by Brian Brennan
showroom@TSC
Just a note to let all know that thanks to selfish outsiders, there will be no booze allowed at this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 308   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2007 7:43am
by Alecstar
Ticket Available
I have 1 ticket available for the Turning Stone show. Someone in our group can`t make it. Orchestra table section 5. Please e-mail me if anyone needs a ticket.
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2007 4:44pm
by D.J. Ritchie
1 2 3 4
Free Forum powered by Bravenet