The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stahl House, Columbo filming location.

74 recent photos of Stahl house which was used in various Columbo episodes such as Prescription Murder and Murder By The Book.

I don't know how to make a clickable link so it's a case of copying and pasting the link below.

www.flickr.com/photos/dalydaly/sets/72157594350472425

Photobucket

Re: Stahl House, Columbo filming location.

amazing house. what scenes in by the book was this used though i cant recall any?

i want that pool!

i think in murder by the book it was ken franklin's home...not the cabin...his regular home. there is the scene where he is being interviewed by the woman reporter and columbo is returning an armful of books.

Re: Re: Stahl House, Columbo filming location.

from imdb.com

The murder victim's house is the same used in Columbo: Murder by the Book (1971) (TV) where it was the house of Ken Franklin.

the house murder by the book and most crucial game
is located airole way los angeles
you can see here

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3189/maisoncolumbo15sd.jpg

it was also eric wagner's house in the most crucial game.

Re: Re: Stahl House, Columbo filming location.

Sorry to go off topic, but Eric Wagner was (Are you ready for this?) A Ding-a-Ling.

It's later than U think folks......

Happen to know what street it's on? Location looks like Palos Verdes. And, uh, thanks a lot Fred... was doing just fine on my diet until your post- now I have a severe craving for an Ice Cream bar! Ugh.

christy...the address is 1636 Woods Drive in the Hollywood Hills. this is listed on this site in the 'scrapbook' section under 'columbo flashbacks'

Stunning as that view is now, imagine how beautiful the view was, before the smog blanketed the city.

Thanks Cass- had not explored the ScrapBook section. Fantastic wealth of facts, fun and trivia there! Have not visited this site in many years and don't recall that section before. What a treasure!

yes christy..i love dipping into the scrapbook myself....lots of fun stuff there.

theres things that have blanketed the city since 1970 that are far worse than fog, lets be honest here.

sorry guys
but stahl house is only used in pilote episode prescription murder
house used in most crucial game and murder by the book is located at Airolle way and is abandonned probably to be destroyed
alain