The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stahl House cannot be Ken Franklin's house

Hi Ron,

I think you have a good point, and that it's more than possible that this has been listed incorrectly. An old thread that I'll bump up suggests that the house in 'Murder by the Book' and 'The Most Crucial Game' is actually on Airole Way.

Unfortunately some contributors to this forum are unable to admit that unverified information may be incorrect.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I believe the house in the photo below was the Franklin / Wagner house.

The other house, the Stahl house, was used in Prescription Murder.

photo wagner_zps215b4fe8.jpg

Mitch,

I think you got it! That house has features that clearly match the configuration of the Franklin/Wagner house--the diving board is even in the right place. It even has the winding cement stairway that Hanlon climbs when he's carrying that block of ice to murder Wagner with.

Two questions:

How did you find it? AND What is the address?

Ron Middlebrook
Mitch, How did you find it? AND What is the address?

It was found by syldeg, in the thread called 'House Used in Prescription: Murder and The Most Crucial Game'.

The address is Airole Way, Beverly Hills. All the credit goes to syldeg. I'm just chiming in with my opinion that I believe there are two houses. The Franklin/Wagner house and the Stahl house.

tffff,

Thanks for your help, this has been a puzzler for me. Do you have an address? I'd like to Google it and check it out. Thanks again.

Ron, You're right from the beginning. The address of this property is 944 Airole Way,Los Angeles,CA 90077 USA. now the property is completely rebuilt but you can see that even the shape of the bend right on the property (west side of property) is the same as in the movie The Most Crucial Game.

So this property was used twice: in Murder by the Book and in The Most Crucial Game.
The Stahl house is used only in: Prescription Murder.

I am amazed by people who are discussing without checking the facts. The argument that this was Stahl House because... this was Stahl House is not serious. Your honesty in seeking the truth is respectable.