The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: last public appearance of columbo

Yeah, I made the mistake of posting a few clips to this board right about the time he'd lost control, and it caused enough of an uproar to get deleted by the site owner. My intent wasn't to make a spectacle of a buffoon over a tragic condition, but to share some shocking photos of Peter Falk I discovered on the web with forum regulars who may not have seen them. I admit the decision was in bad form, because I didn't first consider that doing so might upset fans who adore his Columbo image.

May he Rest in Peace.

Re: last public appearance of columbo

Thanks for posting, Simon. Hmm, I don't remember deleting the posts -- I very seldom do that unless it's blatant trolling, smut or spam -- maybe it was Webmaster Steve or, as you suggest, maybe the problem was uproar from other fans. Anyway, your reflections about it are admirable.

As for myself, in hindsight I certainly misread the situation -- I very much wanted to believe that Peter was simply out shopping in his most comfortable "art studio clothes" (more disheveled than usual, suit pants with busted zipper, etc) when he was harassed and perhaps frightened by an onslaught of paparazzi, and briefly lost his temper. Unfortunately that was wishful thinking, as we later came to learn.

I still get emails from a pleasant but intense fan who says she is an angel (or psychically connected with an angel), and that the spirit of Peter Falk, in heaven, very much wants us to do everything possible to remove those photos of Peter yelling on the streets of Beverly Hills, from the internet. So I guess the whole event was traumatizing for a lot of people.

As you said, RIP.