The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: columbo's special relationship to sex

Columbo shows his innocent school boy mindset in Etude in Black.

When he goes to Audry's ballet lesson she comes over to him and he says,"Audry I'm very impressed with you. and She says, "Oh really is it my body or my mind"? And Columbo says, "Well it's both really". What a thing to say to a twelve year old! It was very funny.

I think this was improvised by Peter, he almost starts laughing and Audry looks surprised at the line, she smiles and doesn't look like she is expecting him to say that, and almost loses the scene but Peter keeps it going. It doesn't look scripted to me. With Cassavetes on the set I'm always looking for improv in this episode.

Wilton, I agree that the scene with Audrey was funny, but I think there is no way it could be included in any modern TV show.

It could be included in a current show, but probably only if it came from some one-time character instead of a main character, and with some "PSA" kind of stuff attached to it, and so on, probably ruining the whole effect of the little joke!