The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Morris Buchanan as 2nd detective in "Old Fashioned Murder"

Hi there,

I am a big fan of Columbo from Japan.

The other day, I was watching "Old Fashioned Murder" and noticed one thing: it seems that Morris Buchanan (an Afro-American charactor actor) was not in the episode, though he is certainly credited as "2nd detective" in the end roll of the episode.

I believe that a plain-clothes detective who visits Dr. Shaefer (a victim's brother) with Sgt. Miller is the one who Morris Buchanan was supposed to play in this episode. However, I believe this 2nd detective does not look like Morris Buchanan.

Question:
(1) Does anyone know if Morris Buchanan is actually in the episode ? Then please let me know where I can find him.
(2) Does anyone know who the plain-clothes detective (also Afro-American actor) who visits Dr. Shaefer's apartment with Sgt. Miller is ? Please let me know.

Best regards,
Hide

* P.S. Morris Buchanan is in the episode called "Deadly State of Mind" as a lab man. In this episode, he conversed with Columbo in the 1st homicide scene as well as the 2nd homicide scene. I believe he is referred to as George by Columbo in the first homicide scene. He is an Afro-American actor and looks rather heavily built.