The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Columbo - 7 Great Endings"

A Friend In Deed is my fave ending too...."these are my shirts,my underwear"...brilliant stuff...and didn't see it coming..
I love the final scene(s)when he nails Halprin one bit of info at a time as they search...Richard Kiley puts on a stellar performance in this episode...

The only part I never got was how no one from the bar (where Halprin was playing dice) was questioned...it would have been clear Caldwell was quite intent on seeing Halprin that night...pulling him away from his game and the beauty on his "arm"..

Re: "Columbo - 7 Great Endings"

Pete
I found it on Youtube and I intended to skim it just to see which episodes they chose. But my Columbo habit kicked in and I ended up watching the entire clip. My two favorite endings are A Friend In Deed" and "Suitable For Framing". Great stuff!97YE

Yes, Pete, I did the same -- thought I would briefly check it out, but soon got hooked and had to watch the whole thing. The quality of the writing and acting is so compelling that I was reminded, all over again, why I got into this series in the first place.