The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Falk cracks up

ah yes Goldie...in her gold lame etc.....to me...THE most annoying character ever in a Columbo episode....agreed?

That was the only episode Falk ever directed and frankly his performance suffered because of it in my humble estimation...agreed?

Actually it was the other Mrs. Williamson (Jennifer) that I found extremely annoying. I didn't actually mind Goldie, and kind of wished there had been some dialogue with Goldie after they finally caught Elliot Markham with the body to give her a chance to thank Columbo for his persistence.

Regarding Falk's performance, I didn't notice that, but I'll watch it again (for the driver's license) and see if I notice what you felt. There were only a few times that I thought Falk's performance was weaker than usual, one of those times being in Last Salute to the Commodore, particularly at the end when they are explaining the murder to the group (however, maybe that was just the script). Also, I found the post 70's episodes to not be of the same caliber of acting as the 70's, but I don't really count the post 70's episodes so much anyway, as they just weren't the same to me.

Sorry, I digress from the original discussion. Thanks for the feedback Stefan!

it's ok Irene...I digress from everything...lol...

it's rare but I just saw one, in "Murder is hazardous for your health", he laughs at the joke about the difference between a hairdresser and a barber.

I would love to see outtakes of when Peter Falk laughed so much the scene had to be retaken. I am sure there were incidents of that. I searched as best I could but found nothing on YOUTUBE etc. Does anybody know of a site where some outtakes would be posted.

Thanks.