The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arlene Martel dies

Sad news. We also know of course that she filmed a scene that was cut from "Double Exposure" as Dr. Kepple's mistress, Tanya Baker yet her name was left in the credits. Ironically, one of her most famous roles had been with Robert Culp in the "Outer Limits" episode "Demon With A Glass Hand".

Trek fans immortalized her for "Amok Time" but other notable TV guest shots of hers were on "Twilght Zone" where she made the line "Room for one more?" memorable, and a recurring role as French underground operative "Tiger" on "Hogan's Heroes".

When these people from the late 60s and 70s leave us, its much harder for me to grasp in contrast to that of Lauren Bacall for me, because Bacall still belonged to a more distant era preserved only in the other-worldly air of B/W. Those who are preserved in the prime of their youth in vivid color, are much harder to envision growing old for me.

Because of Gloria West and the salesgirl in A FRIEND IN DEED (and so many other roles), I feel like her greatest fan here. I like to think I'm at least close to that mark.

She also had a small role in "A Friend in Deed". Rest in peace.