The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: McGoohan as Oscar Finch: "One bite of cheese"

I don't know if you've ever killed anyone but it's very nerve wracking. There's a lot of stuff to think about and a lot of the nervous energy involved that makes it very difficult to anticipate every clue that might come up. It's hard to think straight while planning a murder and it's difficult to see past the obvious clues. For Oscar I think he was relying on is skills as a lawyer to overcome any thing a policeman or detective might come up with, Oscar was arrogant and like most lawyers he thought he was far superior to any detective.

Re: McGoohan as Oscar Finch: \"One bite of cheese\"

Yes i agree i seen this a few times,one of my favourties too. The lady Louise (Anne Haney)in Finches office was in Mrs Doubtfire too.

this is way at the top of my list of favorite episodes. I love how Columbo chases Oscar across town toward the beginning of the episode.

I love the scenes with the Congressman too, he has one of my favorite lines of people talking about Columbo, "he's got an act you could take on the road."

The victim is interesting in this one. Someone describes him as "one of our city's most notorious racketeers", but when you see him he's this jovial character that says everything with a chuckle, even when he's threatening you.

And this episode features TWO secretaries prominently. Both the murderer's and the victim's. The victim's secretary was so devoted to him that she goes into a near catatonic state after his death. I realize I am preoccupied with secretaries, I can't help it.

I realize I am preoccupied with secretaries, I can't help it.

Clay I am too... but only for GRETCHEN CORBETT in "Exercise in Fatality". I could re-watch her door-answering bikini scene 10 times and not get bored!