The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: From the Vault: "Columbo's Favorite Columbos"

Thank you for sharing that, Ted! Coincidentally, the episode not present in the video ("Any Old Port In A Storm") was the only one that I had actually seen and recorded at the time, so it's especially fun to see the three that I missed.
I believe these aired in June or July of 1996, three or four years after I became familiar with the series on the A&E network. It was wonderful how A&E kept the series alive, and how they were creative in rerunning the episodes, going so far as to create unique intros and bumpers ("We'll return with more Columbo mumbo jumbo in a moment").
Again, thank you for the video!

I have no recollection of why I didn't get the "Any Old Port" intro recorded (or if I did, why it's not with the others) -- if I find it, I'll update the video to make the collection complete. I agree, it was an extraordinary effort for A&E to make this happen, and then it was only broadcast once or maybe twice, as far as I know.

By the way, originally the intros were followed by the little teaser clips for each episode (such as you now see on the DVDs, but it felt like a big deal then, not generally included with re-runs). I tried to upload the intros to YouTube with the clips included, but YouTube blocked it -- even though the clips were just a few seconds, I got an auto-response claiming I had tried to upload "Forgotten Lady" owned by NBC/Universal.

I had no idea this was ever done...thanks for sharing Ted....I will watch those episodes with extra love now....Now You See Him is the episode I've watched probably the most....couldn't even count the times...I enjoy the flow of it...though it's not my favorite...Dawn's Early Light is.. PM's portrayal of Rumford is acting as it's absolute finest...