The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Old Port in a Storm

he didn't want to ruin his Rolls Royce by putting those bottles of liquid filth in it. So he borrowed Karen's station wagon. That's my theory.

That whole show was just so preposterous with the weather and the wine. Temp of 46F and rainy one day and what was it, 109 a couple of days later? And how, in what looked like a cave, did the temp go so high inside? I'm no wine expert but the whole weather/temperature thing was just too contrived.

Still a great episode! You got the impression Falk and Pleasance really enjoyed working with each other.

Yes, I never could did find that believable. Also, if Rick came to a bit, you'd think he could have managed to get help. Despite all of the holes, you can still go with it and enjoy. And Pleasance' acting was one of the things I loved. His anger towards his brother and his pretentiousness were fantastic.

As for the car, I picture Karen in something a little smaller and more economical, so I'm going with the pool car to run errands and business trips for the winery for the employees:)