The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Funny Columbo quips.

From Forgotten Lady when they tell him he hasn't been to the office or gun range, and he said that murders don't usually happen there.

I love the line..to the effect...that goes something like this...in Most Dangerous Match

Columbo to Emmett Clayton

"I got a nephew upstate .he's got big thick glasses and he thinks you're wonderful"...

Some of his comments are soooo darn funny. Who else could state the obvious in such a way that makes us think "Hmm, never thought of that." lol

Have not heard these. Have the Complete Series now and will listen for them. They are hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Soooo Columbo.

Another one of my favorites fittingly comes from A Stitch In Crime where Columbo and Mayfield are talking about the roommate Marcia and Mayfield suggests that maybe she knows more than she's saying and Columbo replies "actually sir I think she knows less than she's saying"

trivia

Nita Talbot who played Marcia was once married to Don Gordon who played Alvin Deschler in Negative Reaction.

That's very interesting since I've always liked both of them.

I love the line in Murder Under Glass when Paul Gerard asks why Columbo thinks Vittorio was in some kind of trouble, and Columbo replies:
"Mainly because he was murdered, sir. The two, trouble and murder, they seem to go together. At least that's been my experience, sir."

Another one from Candidate For Crime

Hayward "What's being done lieutenant?"

Columbo "So far sir we don't have anything ... officially"

Hayward "and unofficially?"

Columbo "Unofficially we don't have anything either"

From Port:

"Maybe he got cold feet. Has he been married before?"

"Three times."

"Three times. Well his feet should be warmed up by now."

From Mayhem:

Steven Spelberg: "What's your dog's name?"

Lt.: "Aww, he doesn't have a name. We just call him 'dog' or 'hey you'. What's the difference, he don't come when you call him anyway."

A great Colomboism.