The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ward Fowler: Not the Sharpest Tool in the Shed

What got me about that is he took a coat and ski mask from wardrobe, but didn't think to take gloves?

Lucerne is the detective. Ward Fowler is an actor.

Some of the scenes are just too weird.

Glenn
Lucerne is the detective. Ward Fowler is an actor.

Some of the scenes are just too weird.

In my opinion, the entire episode is weird, but typical of any show creepy Shatner has ever appeared in outside of his role as Captain Kirk.

Most people don't know that he's as bald as he is a little guy, but that applies to lots of actors, like Burt Reynolds and Jack Klugman.

The dumbest thing he did was snag the sweater of the guy he's trying to frame right in front of Columbo.

When it comes to not wearing gloves, I wonder about that when it comes to countless people in suspense stories, in and out of COLUMBO. After all, it's one thing that doesn't take any kind of background or homework in "cloak and dagger" stuff to think of.

Of course, wearing gloves didn't end up helping Dale Kingston!

I haven't seen it in a long while, but the title of this thread makes me think of what's probably Ward's best line. When Columbo asks his opinion for about the third time, he says, "Look - let's stop pretending that I'm a genius and that you're stupid."