The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo filming locations - LA

Why don't you believe that someone would travel to see Columbo locations? I do things like that all the time. It brings back good memories. I try to visit Mission Impossible locations, ABC Movie of the Week locations from the 1970's. I thought that I was alone in doing this, but it is nice to know that other people like this also. Internet has made us realize that we are not alone, maybe a little weird, but we have company. I'm from NYC, so if anyone wants info about stuff filmed here, let me know.
Thanks.

I´m from Denmark - Copenhagen and love Columbo. I have found some Columbo filming locations on the internet and found them throgh google street map. Last year I visit some locations when I was on holiday in California. We are many who love that

Some Columbos were filmed in Newport Beach, CA; specifically on:

Balboa Island:
at the ferry landing
the bridge from the Big Island to Collins Island

Linda Isle:
the bridge area
view shots of Promontory Point

Newport Bay

Balboa Bay: sailing shots and some interior shots showing the view outside

I know because I lived there for 25+ years :)

In "Dead Weight", the establishing scene of the house, and scene where Eddie Albert docks his yacht "The Iron Horse", and speaks with Columbo on a Spanish tile patio, is 2 Collins Island, Newport Beach (Bay). Using Google aerial view, the dock and patio are easily seen from above. Of note, the yacht in the establishing scene, and the one Eddie Albert pilots, appear to be different yachts. The name on the yacht in the establishing scene, though barely discernible, seems to have a different name on the stern than "The Iron Horse" he docks later.

Thanks.

-----------------------

Then....

It would be very interesting to see the 'Now' pics.

Maybe a google streetview screen grab......anyone here got the co-ordinates?

Hello, These places of these 2 photos no longer exist; They were demolished. For the remaining part left and still existing today are its coordinates: 34 ° 08'28.91''N 118 ° 20'41.36''O

Does anyone know the location of the Devlin house (near ocean) and the O'Connell mansion from The Conspirators? Might be obvious to LA locals? Never found either of those on the list of filming locations. Thanks!

(FYI- First time poster. Great site, btw! I've been a fan of both Columbo and this site for years).

Hello.

For the house Devlin:
By deduction, when viewing the film, the change of plan between 02'19 '' and 02'28 '' is done without break by a panorama. At 02'28 '' we find ourselves at the point of coordinates 34 ° 01'79''N / 118 ° 47 '21.72''O (Paradise Cove).
The Devlin house was therefore likely to be located around 6830 Zumirez Dr in Malibu.
For the O'connell mansion:
Address "Doheny Mansion St Mary's College Chester Pl"

For my part, in the episode "Ashes to ashes", I still have not found the residence of Verity Chandler as well as the residence of Sheik Yarami. If you have any information, I am a taker. Thank you.

Thanks!

Surprised that there is no map of Columbo filming location. A Columbo "map to the stars" if you will.

Hello. After further research, Devlin House is well located around 6830 Zumirez Dr in Malibu and more precisely at 6728 Zumirez Dr . Cordially