The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Negative Reaction camera

Does anyone recall how Paul Galesko reacquired the camera that was used to take the photos of Frances, that he ultimately incriminated himself with ?

I recall that he planted evidence in Alvin Deschler's hotel room, including the camera. The hotel manager told the police that Alvin Deschler complained about the camera having been stolen - but it was there when the police searched the room after Galesko planted it.

So I've never been clear on how Galesko got back that camera and put it in with his collection of cameras.

Re: Negative Reaction camera

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing but when Galesko pulls that one camera from a pile and incriminates himself, that happens down at police headquarters. Galesko stole the camera from Deschler, planted it in his hotel room after killing him (wait, how could he have after getting shot in the leg?) and then the Police take the camera into evidence. And at the station Columbo springs his trap.

Re: Negative Reaction camera

Ah, that would make sense. There was a gap between when Sgt Hoffman asked Galesko to accompany him to headquarters and when they actually got there that confused me. But Columbo obviously wouldn't have been doing his cut and paste mockup at Galesko's place, it would have been at headquarters. Explains all the officers there too witnessing Galesko incriminating himself. Thanks Pete!