The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Barney's Beanery

Thanks for the links.

There's quite a bit about the real Barney's Beanery in our "Columbo's Chili Habit" article, in the Scrapbook section of this site:

http://www.columbo-site.freeuk.com/chili.htm

Re: Re: Barney's Beanery

Wasn't Barney's Beanery also made reference to in "Uneasy Lies the Crown" and "It's All in the Game"?

Re: Re: Barney's Beanery

Thanks for the tip Ted ... I should peruse the site more.

Re: Barney's Beanery

Hi David, I think you'll find all the info in the Scrapbook article I mentioned. "Barney's Beanery" made multiple Columbo appearances, on way or another, in both the early and the later episodes. I don't recall that the restaurant in "Uneasy Lies The Crown" is identified, but Columbo is served in that place by John Finnegan, who later became the "regular" proprietor of Barney's Beanery.

Barney's itself -- the "Columbo" version -- underwent a couple of revisions over the years in its internal appearance, but the outside shots were always authentic, and the "Ransom For A Dead Man" scene appears to be, at least in part, actually shot on location.

I've never been there, but, the next time I have an opportunity to be in Los Angeles, you can bet I'll be making the pilgrimage out to West Hollywood for a bowl of 3-alarm chili.