Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tricare increases

Keep up the pressure. Let your voices be heard!

Message from a U.S. Senator:

"February 27, 2012
Dear Mr. Matthews,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the interests of servicemembers and veterans as Congress addresses our nation's deficit and long-term debt. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

In these difficult economic times, it is more important than ever to protect the benefits and care that our military members have earned. Whether they are currently deployed overseas, serving and training back home, or were honorably discharged years ago, I remain committed to ensuring our brave men and women in uniform are properly resourced and fully supported!

I know that many Missourians like you are watching the budget debates in Congress with tremendous personal interest. As Congress works to address our budget deficit and our long-term debt -- which the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has labeled our most significant national security challenge -- some have become increasingly concerned that hard-won victories for wounded servicemembers and veterans may be decreased. I will be working on behalf of our nation's veterans to make sure that this does not happen.

We must not balance our nation's budget on the backs of our veterans who have already borne the cost of protecting our freedom.

While in the Senate, two of my most significant priorities have been reducing Washington's spending and advocating on behalf of those who have fought to secure our freedom. I am proud to say that I have voted against every bloated omnibus spending bill that has come before me and have never requested an earmark. I have also successfully worked with my colleagues to ensure veterans have received significant increased resources after an era of too many attempts to short change veterans.

Whether fully funding the independent budget of major Veterans Service Organizations for the first time, drastically reforming how we support our most recent wounded warriors, winning critical increases in mileage reimbursement rates for disabled veterans traveling to receive care, or increasing the numbers of claim processers to address the claims backlog at the Veterans Administration, we have made important progress for our nation's veterans. Please know that I remain committed to ensuring that our military heroes - past, present and future - receive the support and benefits they earned.

Thank you for your service and for your commitment to veterans. God bless and God bless our country.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

Claire McCaskill
United States Senator"

Since none of these folks have passed a real budget in three years, a Constitutional requirement BTW, they should all be recalled and impeached IMHO.

They're very good at lip service folks!

Keep fighting for what you all deserve and were promised!

Hey guys! You have the name wrong - it is Tri-No-Care. As for the rate increases, just a few points to think about. Like 2013 is when the funds start being collected for the Obama Care plan. Those funds will come from all government-funded healthcare programs currently in operation (fact).A reduction in operating expenses has been ineffect the past year & in 2012. Funds will be collected all of 2013, with 'benefits' begin paying out in 2014.
Sadly, vasoline is not an approved benefit.

Discusses Tricare premiums.... see link

February 27, 2012

Mr. John Heizer
23400 Old Kansas City Rd
Spring Hill, KS 66083

Dear Mr. Heizer:

Thank you for contacting me regarding health benefits for our men and women in uniform. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Congress recognizes the important contributions of our warfighters. I have long supported legislation to increase health care benefits provided through the Department of Defense (DoD). However, the increasing cost of health care nationwide is also reflected in the military health care system. The dollar amounts allocated to health care in the DoD budget more than doubled from $19 billion in 2001 to over $47 billion in 2010. Total health care funding in the DoD projections indicate even further growth, perhaps reaching $64 billion in 2015.

Congress passed and the President signed the National Defense Authorization Act for 2012 (P.L. 112-81), which limited potential TRICARE enrollment fee increases in any future year to the percentage by which military retired pay is increased in the same year. The Congressional Budget Office estimated that this provision would allow the fees to increase by about 2 percent annually over the next decade.

The President’s budget request for 2013 includes an enrollment fee for both TRICARE Standard and TRICARE for Life and increases enrollment fees for TRICARE Prime for retirees. Additionally, fees would increase annually at the same rate as Medicare and Medicaid. The President’s budget request also includes an increase for name-brand prescription drugs acquired through both retail and mail-order pharmacies. Rest assured, as Congress begins work on the president's budget request for 2013, I will keep your concerns in mind.

As a former Marine, I work hard to ensure that the brave men and women serving our country receive the best equipment, training, and care a grateful nation can provide. I strongly support the men and women who have worn the uniform. I continue to work with my Senate colleagues to ensure that the more than 250,000 Kansas veterans have the quality care and benefits they deserve. If you would like more information on issues before the Senate, please visit my website at http://roberts.senate.gov. You may also sign up on my home page for a monthly electronic newsletter as well as follow me on Facebook at Facebook.com/SenPatRoberts and Twitter at Twitter.com/SenPatRoberts for additional updates on my work for Kansas.

With every best wish,

Sincerely,

Pat Roberts
PR/mf

Visits: