IUSSCAA Posting Guidelines

IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CAPT Kelly Award Recipient LCDR Cynthia A. Utterback USN (Ret)

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that our LCDR Cynthia A. Utterback USN (Ret) has been selected to receive the CAPT Joseph P. Kelly Award by CAPT Steven E. Faulk Commander Undersea Surveillance (CUS).

The recipient of the CAPT Kelly Award is selected on the merit of major lifetime contributions to the IUSS program. The impact of these contributions must have had a profound effect on both current and future IUSS operations.

For over the past 40 years Cyndi has made tremendous contributions to IUSS, including a 22-year active duty career that began in 1980 and followed by work in industry over the past 19-years directly supporting systems research and development for FIXED, MOBILE, and DEPLOYABLE IUSS systems.

Her professionalism, leadership, and dedication truly embodies the meaning of lifetime contributions to IUSS.

An Award Ceremony will be held at a time and place to be determined.

Congratulations Cyndi – Ed Smock

Re: CAPT Kelly Award Recipient LCDR Cynthia A. Utterback USN (Ret)

Congratulations, Cyndi!!

What Jack said.

Congratulations, Cyndi. I remember or time at RTF. TOM

Congrats Cyndi! Well deserved!

Congrats, Cyndi :)

Congrats Cyndi.

Congratulations Cyndi! Well deserved recognition of your contributions to the system.

Re: CAPT Kelly Award Recipient LCDR Cynthia A. Utterback USN (Ret) UPDATE (14 Jan 22)

JHU/APL has provided the current plan for presentation of the CAPT Kelly Award to Cyndi (below).

I regret that I will not be able to attend.
V/r,
Ed

Subject: RE: Kelly Award Presentation at APL: Confirmed!
All: We are confirmed for Kelly Award Presentation at 1600 in the APL Kossiakoff Center on Wednesday, 1/19.

https://www.jhuapl.edu/About/Directions

We will serve light refreshments and ask that everyone wear masks and socially distance to the maximum extent possible. Snow is forecasted for Sunday and Monday – Drive safe!

Brendan Gotowka
Maritime Surveillance Systems Program Manager
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Office: (240) 228-7433
Mobile: (240) 893-3528

Heartfelt Congratulations, Cyndi!! I very much regret the time-late on this. Had the pleasure and great fortune to work w/Cyndi on multiple occasions, none better than NFK '83-86'. Known her since her 1st tour at NOPF/DN. First met Cyndi at a party I was having; seem to recall I had to check her ID (lol). Thank goodness for "the system" that she remained unscathed after that...Congrats again Shipmate & Friend.

Visits: