Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jezebel 1950

Hi,

FYI, your father is mentioned under "Acknowledgements" on page 3 of "Cable" newsletter in the attached.

I think the white paper would be an interesting read.

Vr,
Rick

Hi Rick, That's cool he is cited! I don't see an attachment.

Robert Schott
Hi Rick, That's cool he is cited! I don't see an attachment.
Hi,

Have you tried clicking on the "Website" link at the bottom of my email?

Here is the actual link to the PDF if "Website" link doesn't work.

https://www.iusscaa.org/datafiles/cablespring2000.pdf

Rick

Hi Rick, I didn't connect the the link was the path to the document. Thank you. It is fascinating to read the context and detail of the project. Clearly dad contributed content! Full circle. This piece may jog his memory.
Coincidentally, his step father was also a Joseph P. Kelly!
More to come. If ever a chance for a zoom call or event I bet he would be happy to give a reflection in a Q and A format.

Robert,

Don't feel like the "Lone Ranger". I had the same problem finding the links at first. Definitely not intuitive :grinning:

I have included a link to another article that in an earlier "Cable" that may be of interest to your father. This is an article about the "pre-history" of the system.

That is quite the coincidence that your step-father had the same name as the "father" our system.

Periodically the staff of the IUSS Alumni Association will put out a data call for articles in the "Cable" newsletter. I'm guessing they would be interested in any stories that your father might have from the early days. Below is the contact info if you want to reach out to them.

Address for the
IUSS/CAESAR ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
8930 St Andrews Drive
Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732
Email Address:
bogey20732@yahoo.com

Rick

Ha! Lone Ranger for sure. Though, this time the link didn't direct me to a specific cable like your previous one. Can you redo or just tell me which year and page. Thanks Rick.

Robert Schott
Ha! Lone Ranger for sure. Though, this time the link didn't direct me to a specific cable like your previous one. Can you redo or just tell me which year and page. Thanks Rick.
Robert,

Sorry about that. The title is "The Cable Winter 1998". I'm guessing that your father might find it an interesting read.

Rick

Robert,

Please ignore the link in my previous post. I don't know why it pre-filled the "Link To" with that link but for some reason I'm not able to edit my post even though I am still within the 60 minute limit to edit a post.

Rick

I will share the Cables with dad tonight. My sister shared that her writing isn't really a white paper and also isn't shareable yet. Robert

Visits: