Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Smokey's Health

Ed,
It has been an honor and privilege to ķnow you and work with you these many years. I hope that you will continue the fight. Your many friends out here are praying that your transition to the topside watch will be smooth and clear, just as your System career has been. There are few true legends in this world. It has been my honor to know one of them.

I may make the transition to topside ahead of you. If I do rest assured I will be one of many who will welcome you. If you should precede me, I hope I will be "shown the ropes" upon arrival by the best there ever was.

Stay strong,

Rick

I ran into our esteemed Master Chief Smock last Thursday during the TUSC LANT (former NOPF Dam Neck) 21st Change of Command ceremony. Smokie was in great spirits and seemed to me in pretty good health. As is his custom he rose quickly to greet me and introduce his daughter (and caregiver). And then the stories and the jokes began! Ed says he's "working from home" and hasn't returned to the office just yet. We also discussed plans for a 2024 IUSS 70th Reunion. (<:

The only other person I recognized at the ceremony other than the outgoing and incoming Commanding Officers and one former CO (#16) was CAPT Paul "Scratch" Hryskanich, USN (Ret). For those who don't know the name, Scratch was the first CO of NOPF Dam Neck - September 1979 to August 1984.

- Jim

Good news! Thanks for the update regarding Smokey.

Jim, A personal Observation is worth its weight in gold. Thanks for the report.

J

Visits: