IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
YSA anyone?

I went to buy some fresh Salmon today at Publix but they were out. But they did have fresh, unfrozen haddock from Iceland, AKA Ysa! Anyone who was in Keflavik will remember Ysa and the USO fish fry on Fridays, or going to the fish market in town and buying a large filet for about three bucks. (This today was $19/lb)
Anyway, it got me reminiscing and thought I’d jog a few memories out of all you oldsters :)

Re: YSA anyone?

Randy, I don't remember trying the fish while visiting Keflavik, but I do recall passing up the cod tongues (flippers in St. John's, Nfld./torsketunger in Norway) and missing out on moose steaks in ARG. Apparently a mite squeamish then; some regrets now that I did not sample these delicacies when I had the opportunity. Frozen fish sticks and ground beef from Publix will have to do for Marcy and me even if they do not quite measure up to flippers and moose!

Ben, I wasn’t a hunter but in Arg during moose season we had some great burgers and meatloaf, etc. Had a full kitchen right off the display floor.

Friday nights at the USO. Wos to have one more meal!

Sandy, Chris pan fried it last night and it was great! We still need to meet for lunch sometime, I’m in a 55+ community in Leesburg now.

I am in Newfoundland until early October. I will get in touch when we get back.

Stay well.

Let me know if you spot Aunt Martha’s sheep 😂

We ate it last night.

Love cod unfortunately never made it to kef, but remember the beer batter halibut Fries on adak. Now cannot afford halibut when the moods strikes

Visits: