IUSSCAA Posting Guidelines

IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
***IUSS 70th Anniversary/Reunion Celebration, Norfolk, VA 20 - 22 September 2024

IUSS 70th Anniversary/Reunion Celebration, Norfolk, VA
20 - 22 September 2024

Mark your calendars. The IUSS 70th Committee is planning to host the IUSS 70th Anniversary/Reunion celebration “In Memory of OTCM Ed “Smokie” Smock, USN (Ret)” in Norfolk, VA the weekend of 20 - 22 September 2024. We have “tentatively” reserved the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel ballroom for 150 - 250 guests. For comparison, the IUSS 65th Anniversary celebration hosted 234 guests in 2019. We will also block out several rooms (first come, first served) at discounted rates for attendees.

Traditional plans call for the following schedule of events:

• IUSS 70th Reunion Golf Tournament on Friday, 20 Sep 2024 Time and location TBD.
• No host "Happy Hour" at the Marriott on Friday, 20 Sep 2024 from 6 to 11:30 PM.
• Unspecified daytime events on Saturday during the daytime TBD. (Tentative)
• Reception outside the ballroom on Saturday, 21 Sep 2024 from 6 to 7 PM.
• Dinner in the ballroom on Saturday, 21 Sep 2024 from 7 PM until 11:30 PM.
• TUSC LANT and/or CUS Open House on Sunday 22 Sep 2024, time TBD. (Tentative)

The following “long time” volunteers have reconvened the IUSS Anniversary/Reunion Committee to help coordinate the event – Jim and Kathy Donovan, Paul Heim, Christine Buswell, Steve Rose, Keith and Dorene Stevenson, Greg Clarkson, Paul Banks, Jerry and Gerry McDonald, Jon and Peggy Chadwick and Jim Hamilton. We plan to meet monthly starting in December 2023 to organize the weekend's events. Plan to go online with advertising, tickets sales, room reservations, etc. in March 2024 (6 months out).

As always, if you have suggestions and recommendations and/or are willing to help, feel free to contact me directly at Jim Donovan53(at)yahoo(dot)com or (757) 376-2019.

Please monitor the IUSS CAESAR Alumni Association Website at iusscaa.org and Facebook for periodic updates throughout the year.

Re: ***IUSS 70th Anniversary/Reunion Celebration, Norfolk, VA 20 - 22 September 2024

That's great news, Jim. Many of us are grateful you and your committee are stepping up, yet again, to get a bunch of experienced folks together to celebrate our system and memorialize Smokey.

Nick

Re: ***IUSS 70th Anniversary/Reunion Celebration, Norfolk, VA 20 - 22 September 2024

Jim
Your post regarding the IUSS 70th Reunion is most welcome news and much appreciated. If I haven't joined Smokie at our ultimate assignment, I certainly plan to be there "with bells on"! Maybe in uniform if it still fits! I would like to help, in whatever way possible, in facilitating an agenda items, but distance might be a problem. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in any way.
As always, best regards,

Irv (Dee)

That is wonderful! Thanks for standing in the breach AGAIN!!

Great news, can’t wait.

Visits: