The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
937 Skyview Drive in Altadena

In the episode "Murder by the book" Jack Cassidy murders his writing partner and then dumps the body on the front lawn of his home.

Jack then phones Columbo and tells him he "better get over here". Jack gives his address on the phone to Columbo as 937 Skyview Drive.

I thought this address was probably made up just for the show. I entered the address on Google earth and to my surprise i found a satellite photo of the house used in that episode, it's in Altadena, north east of Los Angeles.

The house was used in other episodes of Columbo too, "Prescription Murder" and "The most crucial game" when Robert Culp hit Dean Stockwell on the head with a block of ice and Stockwell drowned in the pool.

Heres a link to the satellite photo

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/mitchell1533/Columbo/937skyviewdrive.jpg

Re: 937 Skyview Drive in Altadena

Good work Mitch, but like the location used as the Paris home in "Double Shock", and later as Nelson Brenner's place in "Identity Crisis", Universal used 937 Skyview Drive in dozens of its productions, including in The Rockford Files and McCloud.

Hi Mitch

I know the thread is 11 years old, but just in case you see this, where’s 937 Skyview Drive used in Prescription Murder? I know the Stahl House is used as Joan Hudson’s home - and I always used to think these two were the same location. I really enjoy spotting the Columbo houses and locations. Thanks!

Sorry to say that your informations are not correct. The adress 937 Skyview Drive isn't the house were Columbo scenes were shot. The true adress is 944 Airole Way in Bel Air. Here's a link to the whole story of the 4-acre promontary: https://www.dirt.com/more-dirt/real-estate-listings/944-airole-way-world-most-expensive-house-6333/