The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
filming location forgotten lady

hello

i search today the house used for forgotten lady and in found
141 N Grand Ave
Pasadena, CA 91103

Re: filming location forgotten lady

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic indeed! I can just see Ned Diamond's car parked out front. There's obviously been some interior re-decorating from the one we're familiar with, but the house appears virtually untouched. They tried really hard to provide the impression that it sat alone on a large plot of private property by the way they shot the episode, but it's clearly situated smack-dab in the middle of in a metropolitan area.

I believe this is also the location of "Short Fuse." The home of Ida Lupino's character. Roddy McDowell drives in and breaks into Quincy's residence above the garage. This, in fact, is the gardener's residence in real life.

Just watched Short Fuse again, and the interior of the Buckner home is the same set as the interior of the house in Ransom for a Dead Man.

Yep! And I love your name "Irene DiMilo". Somehow though, it makes me hungry!

Thank you so much for this! How did you find it?

I have to say the scene near the beginning of the episode where the limo is arriving to the house with the piano playing is, for sure, one of my very favorite moments of any episode. It just brings me right back to that time like a time machine. Even the wall paper and rich carpeting in the master bedroom was the same type stuff I remember from the early-eighties mansions.. hehe

Hello,
My mom and I are also long time Columbo fans and "Forgotten Lady" is one of our favorite episodes, and oddly enough, we were both watching the murder mystery "Jagged Edge" with Jeff Bridges, Glenn Close, Robert Loggia, and Peter Coyote, and my mom observed that Bridges'character Jack Forrester's house appears to be EXACTLY SAME HOUSE--COMPLETE WITH BALCONY AND UNIQUELY-SHAPED TREE that Janet Leigh climbed down from upstairs room to jump to the ground. Can anyone confirm that this is actually the same house? When she pointed this out to me, I agreed that the house looked IDENTICAL from what I could see...

Thanks,
Patrick Beagle
Richmond, Virginia