The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo at Ken Franklins cabin in San Diego. Actually Big Bear...

Hello Everyone,

One of my favorite Columbo episodes is Season 1 Episode 3. Murder By The Book. Having seen it a million times, I always wondered about Ken Franklins cabin in San Diego. It's actually in Big Bear, California, an hour from my home. The original house is still their and believe it or not, the owner kept it the original paint colors. Here are some photos of the house....

Thanks,
Larry

Oh and one more thing........

Re: Columbo at Ken Franklins cabin in San Diego. Actually Big Bear...

Hello again,

I uploaded the photos to the moderator of this website of the house used in Murder By The Book. They will upload if they choose.

Thanks

Here are Larry's photo's of Ken Franklin's cabin from "Murder By the Book," directed by Steven Spielberg close to 45 years ago. These "Columbo" locations, I think, become more treasured to us as more and more of them disappear -- and as Larry points out, this one has been kept in very recognizable condition. Thanks, Larry!

photo Franklin-cabin 1_zpsemp0ar1a.jpg

photo Franklin-cabin 3_zpsdmwphnm2.jpg

photo Franklin-cabin 2_zpsksstc6ls.jpg

photo Franklin-cabin 4_zps32xdvfsp.jpg

Very nice. Thanks to everyone involved for posting these pics. That cabin is beautiful!

HomeZR1s9
Very nice. Thanks to everyone involved for posting these pics. That cabin is beautiful!

Like the victim said, "What woman could resist....."

I was actually very surprised the cabin was still around and in such pristine shape. I wonder how many other Columbo icons we can find and post.

Thanks for posting the very cool pics!
I just read on wiki that Shirley Jones is from (or lived) at Big Bear. I would imagine that is the connection since the "Killer" in this episode was once married to her. Just an assumption on my part.

Welcome. Sorry took so long to reply....love the house and episodes...