The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Playback

As all episodes from this season, very enjoyable, one of the best ever for me. Some comments:
- Harold is a scum. With no respect to anyone. Including his wife, mother in law, brother-in-law etc (I am not saying that his mother in law is a sympathetic person though, but his wife and her brother are nice people)
- now I'm thinking: Margaret says that she hired some private detective and he documented meetings with women. If his job is not completely done, and he would find out about Margaret's death, I guess it would be suspicious for him
- this Baxter guy has the most boring job ever, I think
- Marcy Hubbard from the gallery, also gets my vote for one of the prettiest in Columbo :)
- I've noticed now, that when Baxter is watching the "moment of murder", when you hear the shot, you can also see smoke, but on the left top corner of the screen, not where the gun was
- here is a little bit the same as we could have seen in Negative Reaction, when Colulmbo gave Galesko a picture of his wife tied up just before her death, and he said "it is a very good picture". Here when he sees the video recording of the death for the first time, he does it with Harold, and just after she is shot Columbo says "that's fantastic, absolutely fantastic!" (meaning the technical possibilities). Maybe not a fortunate sentence when (at least officialy) Harold should be grieving after his mother-in-law's death
- I very much enjoy the scene in the art gallery, I know some people here claim that it shows that Columbo is stupid, while he is not. And that for some of people it looks like a typical time filler. But I like it. Maybe even not the vent device, but earlier conversation, about the "dead dog", "intensity" and "parking lot", and prices of this sculptures. Probably it is because I completley don't understand this modern art,
how can it be so valuable, not my fairy tail, I find an ally in Columbo here. Just like he said about one of the sculptures: "this doesn't do anything for me". I like his acting there. Enjoyable for me a lot
- I am wondering about the experiment with the gunshot and noise that it makes. Why did it open only the door to Elizabeth's bedroom? And why other doors stayed like they were before?
- Columbo is lying down on the nice made bed in his dirty shoes :) not very polite
- when Harold is explaining that his system is elaborate and sensitive it is so obvious that Columbo is not buying it :)
- this gotcha moment I guess is most dramatic from them all (mainly because Elizabeth is there too, and becauce of music score)

Re: Playback

Harold is a misogynist. When his wife suggests she should take over the company for a while, he says something like.." do you think i would remain with the company in a subservient position to my wife".

I hate what he said when talking to the manager at the art gallery . " Nice new young girl you have here".

So, i agree with Matti. Harold is a scumbag.