The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Deadly State of Mind

I know almost nothing about it, but I think the scream coming from that room is a small joke about "Primal Screaming," a kind of therapy where patients are encouraged to actually do that.

The Room-Scream thing is an attempt at humor. It's like something out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon - the character opens a hospital room/bathroom/dressing room/bedroom and a woman is changing and she screams. It just reveals Columbo's single-minded focus and offers a bit of a chuckle.

"Regarding the word "highway", in America it usually refers to the interstate system built during the Eisenhower administration. However, state routes are often called highways, especially if they are very busy. The road by the beach house didn't look busy though."

Usually, yes -- but not necessarily. I used to live on Pacific Coast Highway and at multiple points it was a simple two lane (each way) street, right on the beach.

i agree with you that the hypnosis scenes are too long. They serve a purpose up to 1.4. I kind of got lost. It was almost like listening to the 15-minute version of Volaire.