The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Identity Crisis

I was never a fan of this agent/double agent etc movies, and I have some difficulties with understanding the plot. So this one is not in the gruop of my favourites
- why did Geronimo and Brenner meet at all? looks like they haven't seen each other for years! I guess Brenner found out that Geronimo is still alive and the fact that he owns him money made him comit a crime?
- I guess scene with a little girl (and in this episode we have two of them!!) wouldn't appear in nowadays movies
- when they are watching a pictures from amusement park, Joyce tells Columbo "and that's it". And then Columbo asks "what about pictures you didn't sell?" It bothers me. I thought she took him there to show him ONLY the pictures she didn't sell. Or am I wrong? And she says "the guy bought both print and a negative from her". So what is this picture doing there?? I have a lot of questions/troubles like this with this episode
- the Brenner's boss, why did he visit him? with this helicopter? he didn't have anything important to say...
- this Melville guy is totally hard to understand with his English :)
- to be honest I don't get all this Steinmetz plot
- why did he put all this explosives in the car? what was the purpose?
- and again! the guy who sells the hot dogs in Travel Town, isn't he the same guy who was a bartender in Friend In Deed, when Hugh was "talking with his wife" on the phone?
- Brenner's house (at least from outside) is the same as in Double Shock