The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Darrell Zwerling outtakes from Mind Over Mayhem

This has never looked like Darrell Zwerling to me. He supposedly plays the Motel Manager in "Mind Over Mayhem", but the guy they bring in (who's the bald guy in the back looking over the policeman's shoulder) doesn't look anything like the guy who's credited as Darrell Zwerling in "Exercise in Fatality".

Who is Darrel Zwerling?

He played some kind of investigator in E.I. Fatality.
That screenshot site is good, I found this, obviously nothing like Darrel Zwerling,

Was Darrell Zwerling definately in M.O.Mayhem, then edited out, or did they just put the wrong name on the credits?

The full cast listing from IMBD lists Don Diamond as "Portland Desk Clerk", but the character in question clearly states he's from Palm Springs.

I can almost convince myself (from the voice) that the reporter at about 7:05 in this clip is your "Lewis Lacey," but with no glasses and a different hair style and color. Of course, he's not playing a Motel clerk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye87ehi2Vk

BTW, there appear to be several "Columbo in 10 Minutes" videos presenting synapses of Columbo episodes.

Finally, there certainly are some peculiarities with the cast listing for this episode. It was pointed out a while ago that William Christopher (Father Mulcahey from MASH) had pretty big billing in this episode, but nobody was able to find him in any scene. Also, Deidre Hall is listed as playing a receptionist. Didn't look to see if I could recognize her.